Lens cleaning - cotton VS microfiber

Status
Not open for further replies.

syncmaster

Mar 15, 2002
Greece
two.xthost.info
http://www.calotherm.co.uk/opt.htm

After of two months of ownership i deside to clean my lence of the Oly C2100 .

Lucky me , i was had one original calotherm product ,but as long i started to use my breath as cleaning floid , the lence got blured ,and the calotherm product could not help to make it shine again,and as last solution i use simple white cotton on it ,and it become 100% clear and shine .

The question is why we do not use simple cotton ,and we throw money in cleaning pens and microfiber materials ??

I use cutton (cutton bud) together with micro fibre cloth. I find micro fibre cloth better than cutton as it leaves no hair/strings around the corner. Micro fibre cloth is always needed in my last step of cleaning lenses.

Where do you get the calotherm product? Throw away yours?

Ok only two persons in this forum clean theyr lenses .

what all the others of you are using , rain water ? :phone: :light:

Tryed lens tissue before? I'm using it to clean
my 707 lens, the result is not bad.

Got the lens tissue frm US to clean objective.

Lens tissues and cotton cloths sucked for me. Streaks and smudges can never be eliminated. Essilor microfibre cloth seems to be my answer. Heard Canon is also using this. How true it is, I don't really know.

Essilor microfibre cloth is available in most optical shops.

Originally posted by syncmaster
Ok only two persons in this forum clean theyr lenses .

what all the others of you are using , rain water ? :phone: :light:

T-shirts, whatever's available. :p

Originally posted by ckiang

That's not too bad, I've heard people who use saliva as lens cleaning solution...... :eek:

Regards
CK

Yeah, that works too. ;p

Aiyah, when you shooting event, where got time to take out lens solution and wipe nicely...

The funny part is that OLYMPUS does not promote any offisial Lens cleaning solution or cleaning products .

Does that have to do ,with the danger that the user is possible to over doing it and damage the lens .

So OLYMPUS does not like to feel responsible ?

i find that my micro-fibre cloth doesn't work that well anymore. need to get a new piece i guess.

on the other hand lens tissue is excellent at removing water stains, far better than micro-fibre. my only worry is that it will scratch the glass, and remove the coating.

Originally posted by munfai
i find that my micro-fibre cloth doesn't work that well anymore. need to get a new piece i guess.

You can wash the micro fibre cloth...and reuse it again.

The truth is that i have wash my calotherm fiber cloth too , as i was using it on sun glasses for years .

And i will agree that a good wash , will make it shine again .
Also with the help of one scissor ,you can cut just the ends ,and make it perfect ,if there is a problem with the fibers .

Status
Not open for further replies.