lens & Camera : Made in Singapore -Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drtokina

Deregistered
Jan 24, 2006
whenever i buy sth be it lens or camera etc,:) :cool:
its always made in thailand

but there's nothing wrong ...

maybe even better than made in japan?

or made in singapore ?:D

:think:

i think made in singapore BETTER than made in japan or thailand or China ?:)

yar actually i have trust in sg made products... y dun canon build a lens factory in sg...:(

leica has engineering and r&d in sg if im not wrong...

Dun forget tt the production workers R from Malaysia.
Not saying tt they are worse than Singaporeans, only those in the productions will know. :)

i.e.: if someone wanna spit into your packet drinks, no one else will know. ;p

drtokina said:

So, u're buying camera & lenses to shoot photos or juz to **** over the production country? :think:

just as long as the camera and/or lens can take good pictures
it is a good camera/lens

no matter where it is made in.

I think it's very common for us to assume that developed country produced better product(it better be or else cannot justify the high pay)......but that doesn't mean less developed country will only produce louzy product......eventually it was the manufacturer to decide whether the plant in that country is capable of producing the product that comform to the specification and pass the quality control....

Actually I am not so sure about the lens thing, I just think it is impossible for the Thailand plant to manufacturer everything....the glass, the mechanism, the processor should be supplied by some other plant from other country, eventually all are put together or assembled in Thailand.....so the final product can't be that wrong :dunno: But one thing for sure is we will enjoy the labor cost saving that pass down by the manufacturer :thumbsup:

drtokina said:
i think made in singapore BETTER than made in japan or thailand or China ?:)

Why leh? Is it becoz Sg worker eat chicken rice....Japan eat sushi....Thailand eat tomyam so we got more strength to bolt the glasses together? :bsmilie:

no need to imagine
I got cameras and lenses
and even a HP calculator made in Singapore
and proud of them :thumbsup:

you know, it was no joke
at one time after we got independence from UK and separated from Malaysia, everyone expected us to wither and die. no hinterland.

it is a miracle that Singapore prospered
we are so grateful for that

Try buying Creative products. And tell me what's their servicing like if your item goes wrong. Good luck.:) Of course I'm mentioning camera here.;p

drtokina said:

Very narrow minded :nono: . It isnt the country that makes the difference. It's the ppl who run the factory that make the difference. Whether it's a management that insists on stringent QC standards or what that is totally "bo chup".

For your information Singapore use to have a camera and lenes factory base here. In fact that brand you still can find "Made in Singapore" tag items in the second hand market. And yes they are very good. The brand? "ROLLEI" Oh ya there a few lecia factories here as well but they don't make the camera and lenes here.

singscott said:
For your information Singapore use to have a camera and lenes factory base here. In fact that brand you still can find "Made in Singapore" tag items in the second hand market. And yes they are very good. The brand? "ROLLEI" Oh ya there a few lecia factories here as well but they don't make the camera and lenes here.

yup, still remember Rollei used to be at Chai Chee or Bedok area.

where ever they are made... i think its ok...

made in vietnam, in thaland in china..its ok my frends....

we got the warranty so dunt fret too much...

juz buy with warranty and shoot good pics..:)

cheers!

so if HDB flats QC no gd den where would most of us live? DIY our own home? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.