Lens calibration question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvin

Jan 14, 2006
Hi guys,
I have a sigma lens and i feel the AF Focus not as sharp as i do in manual focus.
So if i send to Sigma for calibration, do they have to make sure our lens probs so just to accept our lens for calibration ? I live in Indonesia, and no time go to Sigma Spore, and want to pass it to my friend for bringing to Sigma when he go to Spore next week. I dont think he can explain the lens probs to Sigma's stuffs.
Anybody exprience it ?
(sorry, my bad English )

Best rgds,
Arvin

Arvin said:
Hi guys,
I have a sigma lens and i feel the AF Focus not as sharp as i do in manual focus.
So if i send to Sigma for calibration, do they have to make sure our lens probs so just to accept our lens for calibration ? I live in Indonesia, and no time go to Sigma Spore, and want to pass it to my friend for bringing to Sigma when he go to Spore next week. I dont think he can explain the lens probs to Sigma's stuffs.
Anybody exprience it ?
(sorry, my bad English )

Best rgds,
Arvin
It is most likely the body because that's where the AF sensor is. What body you using?

Thank for your feedback, i am using 350D.
I dont think the prob is my cam body, coz when i tested it with my kitlens and 50mm, everything seem ok. So i think better got my lens for calibration, and not sure if the Sigma accept my lens or not.

Rgds,
Arvin

AFAIK, back focus or front focus is because the body's problem, not the lens.

You can email Sigma to ask them first. Tell them your problem, and they can suggest you whether is the lens's problem or not.

Salam,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
AFAIK, back focus or front focus is because the body's problem, not the lens.

You can email Sigma to ask them first. Tell them your problem, and they can suggest you whether is the lens's problem or not.

Salam,
Arto.

If i am not wrong, back and front focus not just because the body's prob, but tend to the lens prob too, alot of guys here recomend to test the front/back focus prob before buy lenses, and i think my 350D body is ok, coz no prob if i test with my kitlens and 50mm.

Btw, thanks for your suggestion.
Are you from Indonesia too ?

Salam,
Arvin

I once had a focussing problem with my Sigma lens. I sent it in to Sigma Marketing for checking & fixing. They didn't ask for my camera body but they managed to fix the problem. But I had to be specific about the problem - for me it was a front focussing problem.

Arvin said:
Thank for your feedback, i am using 350D.
I dont think the prob is my cam body, coz when i tested it with my kitlens and 50mm, everything seem ok. So i think better got my lens for calibration, and not sure if the Sigma accept my lens or not.

Rgds,
Arvin
Oh. If it's ok with other lenses then it's the sigma lens. maybe the firmware needs to be upgraded.. :dunno:

Arvin said:
If i am not wrong, back and front focus not just because the body's prob, but tend to the lens prob too, alot of guys here recomend to test the front/back focus prob before buy lenses, and i think my 350D body is ok, coz no prob if i test with my kitlens and 50mm.

Btw, thanks for your suggestion.
Are you from Indonesia too ?

Salam,
Arvin
You can check with another body. Maybe another Canon 350D?

Yes, I am from Jakarta.

Salam,
Arto.

kietgnoel said:
But I had to be specific about the problem
Thats what i afraid of, coz my friend is noob about the cam stuff.
So need to comfirm how about if we insist to calibration ? Whats about the charges if our lens still under warranty ?

IsisaXon :
Firmware upgrade mean calibration ?

Arto,
Its pity i dont have another 350D, nor my friends have.
Saya dari Riau bung, senang berkenalan dengan Anda.

Best rgds,
Arvin

Anyone can give web add of Sigma Singapore ?
Thanks.

Rgds,
Arvin

Status
Not open for further replies.