Lens as sharp as 50mm 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
hi guys...
would like to know if there are any lenses(zoom) that produce crispy sharp images like the 50mm prime:D

hmm no need...any focal length...dont mind tele..hopefully a street lens like the 24-85...=)..
ard 2k or so budget...cheaper better

seanlim said:
hmm no need...any focal length...dont mind tele..hopefully a street lens like the 24-85...=)..
ard 2k or so budget...cheaper better

Hmmmm...i recommend the EF 135mm f/2L USM, 50mm f/1.4 USM and 85mm f/1.8 USM. :thumbsup:

JediForce4ever said:
Snoweagle, seanlim is a Nikon user.;)

Haha sorry didn't notice his signature. Then i can't recommend liao cos i'm not well-versed in Nikon equipment. Maybe can try the 105 macro bah.

85mm 1.8 prime would be as good. Some zoom lens are also good, but bear in mind they are bigger, heavier and more expensive, example are AFS28-70 or AFS70-200.

For Nikon,
17-35/2.8
28-70/2.8
135/2 DC
105/2 DC
85/1.4
80-200/2.8 or 70-200/2.8

MANY MANY!!!:)

For general purpose street you maybe you can try the new 18-200VR. I heard it's pretty good. In general most primes will give you good results, so you might like to stick with them if you don't mind the lack of a zoom. You'll get used to it, trust me ;)

Snoweagle said:
Haha sorry didn't notice his signature. Then i can't recommend liao cos i'm not well-versed in Nikon equipment. Maybe can try the 105 macro bah.

not well versed still want to recommend lens ar? :sweat:

Snoweagle said:
Snoweagle, sean also asked for recomendations for lens with focal lengths that pass through 50mm aka standard zoom range.I don't think a macro lens will suit him that well while street shooting.;)

actually i love primes..they are fast, compact, looks nice...haiz its good points are endless..
but was wondering whether zoom lens...excluding those above 2k plus can perfrom as well in terms of sharpness..maybe its just phsycological*pardon for poor spelling* but i realise that my prime is much sharper than my kit lens any time..:dunno:

wah seh ... seanlim so young .. already got 2k budget ... wish i got .. if i got i go but the zd50-200 =P (cos i'm using oly .. .heh)

Expiredyoghurt said:
wah seh ... seanlim so young .. already got 2k budget ... wish i got .. if i got i go but the zd50-200 =P (cos i'm using oly .. .heh)
i got to slowly save one...:sticktong ...my father say its better this way:sweat:
anw...if only got a 24-85mm with vr or f/2 than good liao.....any any?

drumma said:
not well versed still want to recommend lens ar? :sweat:

Not well versed in Nikon lenses lah, cos i thought he using Canon system so didn't see his signature. :bsmilie:

JediForce4ever said:
Snoweagle, sean also asked for recomendations for lens with focal lengths that pass through 50mm aka standard zoom range.I don't think a macro lens will suit him that well while street shooting.;)

But zooms do not surpass primes in terms of sharpness mah.

I find that my sigma 18-50/2.8 to be as sharp as my 50/1.8 so i sold off my 50/1.8. Generally i find that the longer the focal length the sharper the lens will be. Easier to make a sharp lens of a longer focal length.
http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com

A little off here but there's more to sharpness in photography.

Enjoy!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.