Lens Armour for Oly

Status
Not open for further replies.

steely

Feb 5, 2004
East of SG
Like most Oly users, I was intriqued by the double filter lens armour as suggested by one of the oly user sites. like many, I also bought an adaptor and a UV filter for this purpose.Still i found that for protection it might not be the best, any accidental knocks and impacts is transferred to the camera body via the adaptor. And the lens cap is always easily misplaced.

I found this item in one of the overseas forum, what is called an OlyCap.

Its a thick rubber sleeve that has a sturdy hinged cap at the end, the rubber sleeve can minimise impacts and the hinged cap means I'll never loose the dang thing again.

If you do not use converters often , this might be a better solution. Theb Olycap costs 9 bucks US, inclusive of shipment. Got mine about 1.5 weeks after ordering.

Check it out, it might work for you too

http://www.olycap.com

cheers

Yup, using it when travelling overseas. Convenient and keeps the camera size down. Cheap and good.

However, on normal photoshoot outings, I prefer to have the CLA adapter + UV filter + lens hood ...

Cheers,
David

I think my 10 bucks UV filter probably affects the image more than it protects the lens LOL
But the adaptor / Hood combi looks like a good solution

hmm....not bad lah...but hvta open when on the cam...with the adapter and filter combo...heh...just on the cam can use liaoz...heh...more convenient for lazy ppl like me lah... :D

The adapter and filter combo is good when you need to bring up your camera for quick shots ... (e.g. Weddings etc) Can leave the camera on with the lens extended in power saving mode, too troublesome to watch the lens extend and retract everytime you need take a shot!

Cheers,
David

Didn;t the original come with the black cap that link it to string meh?
I prefer the CLA as after you attach the CLA dun think this cap is workable for the C-7xx series. Again need to remove it and attach the CLA :embrass:

maybe for 3030, 5050 or others for digits model is more convenience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.