Lens! Another angle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abuddlah

Sep 2, 2008
IMG_0090.jpg

Guys, I finally figured out how to post pictures here! HAHA! We normally used lens to take pictures but I took a pictures of my lens. Another angle right? Anyway, I took this picture with my 450D on the first day I bought this camera. Please C&C!

Is it good?

I'll be frank, no it isn't. It's just another snapshot to me.

I'll be frank, no it isn't. It's just another snapshot to me.

As in the "another angle" view or the picture is not good?

I am interested to know how you think about your own photo? :think:

I am interested to know how you think about your own photo? :think:

What do you mean? Actually it's 1 of my first few shots with my 450D so im not too sure whether it's good

What do you mean? Actually it's 1 of my first few shots with my 450D so im not too sure whether it's good

Which means... GO shoot until you find something good.

This is the cruel way of putting it across but you need to get it to stand out. Do you think the picture stands out? Does it garner interest? Does it make ppl go wow?

If not, then simply try again. Be a critic of your own works. Make sure you can convince yourself first before you can convince others.

Here's a shot of a lens I took when I was just starting out.

Wasn't fantastic now that I look back at it, but once you can feel that way, you can improve better and get better shots from there...

Work on it.

cheers,

haha, i know what you mean :)

Nevertheless, go on! Try and critque it yourself, then tell us what you think. Can it be better? How can it be more asthetically pleasing?

I'll give you my comments after you scrutinize your own work first ;)

keep on shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting...

this is the best advice i got when i first got my DSLR and joined this community... ;)

as for the picture itself... more of a snapshot then anything else to be frank

Which means... GO shoot until you find something good.

This is the cruel way of putting it across but you need to get it to stand out. Do you think the picture stands out? Does it garner interest? Does it make ppl go wow?

If not, then simply try again. Be a critic of your own works. Make sure you can convince yourself first before you can convince others.

Here's a shot of a lens I took when I was just starting out.

Wasn't fantastic now that I look back at it, but once you can feel that way, you can improve better and get better shots from there...

Work on it.

cheers,

Yea, thanks. My camera is currently in my dad's hands since Im having exams. So didn't really have any time to play around with the camera when i got it

haha, i know what you mean :)

Nevertheless, go on! Try and critque it yourself, then tell us what you think. Can it be better? How can it be more asthetically pleasing?

I'll give you my comments after you scrutinize your own work first ;)

Hey, thanks! I will shoot more pictures and i will need your golden comments! HAHA :D

keep on shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting...

this is the best advice i got when i first got my DSLR and joined this community... ;)

as for the picture itself... more of a snapshot then anything else to be frank

YUP! I am surely gonna shoot till i drop but currently my camera is with my dad. Im having exams now that's why I don't have time to practice

Well, it might not be good. But your comments to me will be heard and then i will try to improve. But must let me wait till next week after i get back my camera from my dad ;)

im really glad that you're taking it the right way here... do concentrate on ur exams and continue shooting once ure done... cheers! ;)

Base on your photo, it was shot using an "auto-exposure" mode with a direct flash, which is a ":nono::nono:" in my opinion. U can just get a "point & shoot" camera and it works even better, some even have face detection and smart exposure which work "smarter" than dslr.
1st, get to know your camera. Then learn to understand things like aperture, shutter speed, iso, etc. Then, drop by library and read some guide book. Another way is search for tutorial, google it, or in youtube (now u can even subscribe for tutorial episode) Of cause, please do it after your exam. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

Base on your photo, it was shot using an "auto-exposure" mode with a direct flash, which is a ":nono::nono:" in my opinion. U can just get a "point & shoot" camera and it works even better, some even have face detection and smart exposure which work "smarter" than dslr.
1st, get to know your camera. Then learn to understand things like aperture, shutter speed, iso, etc. Then, drop by library and read some guide book. Another way is search for tutorial, google it, or in youtube (now u can even subscribe for tutorial episode) Of cause, please do it after your exam. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

It's not leh. I used Manual to shoot this photo. Which means it's not auto exposure right? Or are we talking about different things?

Status
Not open for further replies.