Lens and dust query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Just looked really closely at my kit lens and noticed a small speck on the inside of the lens. I asked guy at CP about it and he said quite common.. is it?? Would have thought nikkor lenses were assembled in some kind of clean room :bsmilie: Do I have to go back to Nikon to get it cleaned, and how long would it take?

GYR

Gymrat76 said:
Just looked really closely at my kit lens and noticed a small speck on the inside of the lens. I asked guy at CP about it and he said quite common.. is it?? Would have thought nikkor lenses were assembled in some kind of clean room :bsmilie: Do I have to go back to Nikon to get it cleaned, and how long would it take?

GYR

my advice... leave it.

that small speck does not affect image quality. besides, having dust in lenses is common

no, lenses are not assembled in clean rooms.

ok, thanks for the advice guys

Gymrat76 said:
ok, thanks for the advice guys

unless the speck of dust is like mine it's right in the center and is one big peice no point getting rid of it.

i use to have one big peice and it appererd on all the photos i took so i had to send it for service...

if you are buying it new you can choose to change for a better one. if you already brought it home... tough luck

SianZronG said:
unless the speck of dust is like mine it's right in the center and is one big peice no point getting rid of it.

i use to have one big peice and it appererd on all the photos i took so i had to send it for service...

It IS right in the center, but haven't done enough test shots to see if its actually visible.. what kind of background color would show specks clearly, or what kind of test should I perform?

minimum aperture at various focal length, ie f22 or more
plain dark and/or light background,

likelyhood dust not gonna to affect.

I won't worry too much if I were you. Because of zooming and focusing actions, you'll get them into your lens due to usage anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.