Lens Advice: DA70mm or FA77mm

fernando86

Nov 7, 2009
Hi all!

Currently, I'm having the FA31mm and the FA77mm with no other range at the wider end. Due to budget constraint, I'm actually thinking of selling the FA77mm for DA70mm and have using the extra fund for maybe sigma 10-20mm.

Is there any significant difference between the FA77mm and DA70mm in terms of IQ wise? What will I miss about the FA77mm after getting the DA70mm?

Hope to hear some advice from you all.

Thanks a lot.

My suggestion is: skip your lunch and save for the Sigma 10-20, instead of selling the FA77 :)

Keep all your Ltds, their value never drops anyway.

I read somewhere one of the pentaxian bought the sigma 10-20 for 700+, bought from one of the hongkong ebay shops, and there's warranty too (international or not i'm not sure).

Keep all your Ltds, their value never drops anyway.

I read somewhere one of the pentaxian bought the sigma 10-20 for 700+, bought from one of the hongkong ebay shops, and there's warranty too (international or not i'm not sure).

Yes the FA ltds won't drop in price (in fact will go up). FF and flim camera compatible as well, just in case Pentax ever goes there.
The International warranty for Sigma is only 1yr. The S'pore ones are 3yrs for EX lens.

TS, the 77ltd is longer and faster which translates to a more shallow DOF if you are looking for such shallow DOF shots. As mentioned its also FF and film compatible. Certainly the better lens imho. The DA70's strength would be the shorter working distance and size (but very little diff)

BTW, don't discount the DA15 as a UWA

Yes the FA ltds won't drop in price (in fact will go up). FF and flim camera compatible as well, just in case Pentax ever goes there.
The International warranty for Sigma is only 1yr. The S'pore ones are 3yrs for EX lens.

TS, the 77ltd is longer and faster which translates to a more shallow DOF if you are looking for such shallow DOF shots. As mentioned its also FF and film compatible. Certainly the better lens imho. The DA70's strength would be the shorter working distance and size (but very little diff)

BTW, don't discount the DA15 as a UWA

Yeah, Limiteds doesn't drop in value. for us BNS lookers it's a bad news.
Anyway, FA 77 is worth the keeping. you can still use (if you still have) the kit lens for general shooting, most of the time it is wide and sharp enough.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Shall keep the FA77mm and start saving for an UWA! :)