Lens Adaptor for Panasonic FZ10

Status
Not open for further replies.
dotti said:
i'm thinking of ordering too..but i just cant decide which thread size of step down ring to get(any advice anyone??)...do you think we can save on shipping if we order together?

Why don't you just get the 72mm filters? It is less troublesome this way. I don't think you will be needing a lot of filters rite? :)

lightning69 said:
Where are you located? I'm in Miri Sarawak.

hahaha.. :bsmilie: i'm in singapore....forget it then.. :bsmilie:

Parallel said:
Why don't you just get the 72mm filters? It is less troublesome this way. I don't think you will be needing a lot of filters rite? :)

i'll need the adapter for third party lenses too... ;p

dotti said:
hahaha.. :bsmilie: i'm in singapore....forget it then.. :bsmilie:

Ok :)

Anyway, how much do you pay for your FZ10? I'm yet to get mine. have to arrange to fly down to singapore on of this days. Any recommendation where I can get the best price for a black FZ10?

dotti said:
i'll need the adapter for third party lenses too... ;p

What do you mean 3rd party? I dun thnk Panasonic has their own filters. Are you referring to teleconvertors? If so, you can step down ring (72->55) to fit the TCON17. Vignetting will be gone after 5/6x zoom. Of course, adapter can get you better results(3x?). If not, get original pan TC will give very good image quality. Cost ard a tcon17+adapter. Worth it.

lightning69 said:
Ok :)

Anyway, how much do you pay for your FZ10? I'm yet to get mine. have to arrange to fly down to singapore on of this days. Any recommendation where I can get the best price for a black FZ10?

i got mine at mscolor at ang mo kio for $920. but i bought uv filter and a 256mb sd card along with the cam and they charged me a total of $1030. not sure if its the cheapest but the service there is good. :)

or you can watch out for sales in the buy and sell forum? i saw a couple of sales the other day :)

Parallel said:
What do you mean 3rd party? I dun thnk Panasonic has their own filters. Are you referring to teleconvertors? If so, you can step down ring (72->55) to fit the TCON17. Vignetting will be gone after 5/6x zoom. Of course, adapter can get you better results(3x?). If not, get original pan TC will give very good image quality. Cost ard a tcon17+adapter. Worth it.

how bout wide angle lenses? which one do you suggest? :sweat:

dotti said:
how bout wide angle lenses? which one do you suggest? :sweat:

I think Olympus has one. Not too sure abt panasonic. But I dun think wide angle lens is worth getting. Only slight improvement. 38mm is actually quite ok for landscape shots. You can always stitch it up for pano view. :D

dotti said:
i got mine at mscolor at ang mo kio for $920. but i bought uv filter and a 256mb sd card along with the cam and they charged me a total of $1030. not sure if its the cheapest but the service there is good. :)

or you can watch out for sales in the buy and sell forum? i saw a couple of sales the other day :)

Those black ones are really hard to find. Is yours Black or Silver?

Thanks for you info :)

Parallel said:
I think Olympus has one. Not too sure abt panasonic. But I dun think wide angle lens is worth getting. Only slight improvement. 38mm is actually quite ok for landscape shots. You can always stitch it up for pano view. :D

only slight improvement ah... :think: there you go spoiling my shopping list!!! now i have to think of something else to buy! :D

lightning69 said:
Those black ones are really hard to find. Is yours Black or Silver?

Thanks for you info :)

i got the black one :D *hugs fz10*

Got this on ebay for USD26.9 :bigeyes: :blah: 5 inclusive of shipping charges. Must confess that this adaptor really opens up a lot of options for the FZ10. This is because 52mm filters and lenses are so widely available and so much cheaper as compared to 72 or 62mm. Got an Oly 1.9x Tcon and a grobartig 0.5x Wcon cum macro lens (both 52mm mount). Results are better than Okay. No regrets. Don't sit there and gripe, go on and get yours today. Yippee!!!

Zenten said:
Got this on ebay for USD26.9 :bigeyes: :blah: 5 inclusive of shipping charges. Must confess that this adaptor really opens up a lot of options for the FZ10. This is because 52mm filters and lenses are so widely available and so much cheaper as compared to 72 or 62mm. Got an Oly 1.9x Tcon and a grobartig 0.5x Wcon cum macro lens (both 52mm mount). Results are better than Okay. No regrets. Don't sit there and gripe, go on and get yours today. Yippee!!!
what is Wcon cum macro lens???

possible to post pics you took with the converters?? not sure how wide is 0.5x...heh.. :sweat:

It's a wide converter with macro close-up. Took some pics with it but haven't established a site to post the pics yet. Just give me till middle of next week.

Anyhow the Grobartig Wcon really gives a very wide field of vision. As for the Oly 1.9X Tcon, you will have to zoom the FZ10 to 12x in order to avoid vignetting but pictures are definitely sharper than the Vitacon 2X, I previously had. Oly lenses are really something huh!!.

Btw, word is out that some FZ10's made in Malaysia have a different feel :nono: . Not sure about this but glad that mine is MIJ. Anyone care to comment? :rolleyes:

Dear all,

Can I join in your discussion in future? :sweat: Although I'm not a sole owner of fz10, but can be considered a part-time owner (I and my girlfriend each paid half of the price). Currently using Oly c8080 for work and pana fz10 for leisure.

Bought this cam about a week ago together with additional third party battery, 72mm UV filter, camera bag and third party ext. flash - just got it today.

Thinking of buying the pana tele conversion len or wide conversion len next month :think: (Wallet got burned badly due to buying 2 cams at one shot).

If I want to post some snap shots taken from "my" fz10 to this forum, how shall I go about it? Any kind souls can give me a helping hand :sweat: :sweatsm: ? Greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers

Can I check if there filters and lens etc, do they have it in silver color too? Or only in black?
Tanks in advance.

Hi Newguy,

I'm sure a lot of forumers here would love to see your pictures!

I don't post up pictures often enough to really remember how to do it here ( :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ) but have a look at the FAQ or testing sections; I'm sure you'll find some pertinent steps.

As for the original converters, you might find that there are cheaper (and no less quality) alternatives to explore.

I have only begun to explore and before that, I was so 'sua-ku'...and poor! I still am, but hey, at least i can do more for less than I thought it would have costed in the first place!

Happy exploring!

elemental said:
Can I check if there filters and lens etc, do they have it in silver color too? Or only in black?
Tanks in advance.

Yes, 72mm filters come in both black and sliver colour. Got mine black. If you are refering to pana conversion lens, they should come in both colours too....I think? :dunno: So far only only saw black. To play save, you can check it out with Panasonic if you want....just give them a call.

Cheers :bsmilie:

Feinwerkbau said:
Hi Newguy,

I'm sure a lot of forumers here would love to see your pictures!

I don't post up pictures often enough to really remember how to do it here ( :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ) but have a look at the FAQ or testing sections; I'm sure you'll find some pertinent steps.

As for the original converters, you might find that there are cheaper (and no less quality) alternatives to explore.

I have only begun to explore and before that, I was so 'sua-ku'...and poor! I still am, but hey, at least i can do more for less than I thought it would have costed in the first place!

Happy exploring!

Hi Feinwerkbau,

Do you have lobangs? So far I had searched high and low and ever visited some second hand camera retailers but still cannot find leh :bheart: . One answer I got from them is "we do not sell third party 72mm teleconversion lens". :cry:

Cheers

Zenten said:

Hi Zenten,

What modes of payment transaction do you paid for them, by VISA, MASTER or others. Do you also need a step down ring? Me still a green horn :p in PC/IT and looking for accessories for digital cams. Can share your experience with me? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.