Lens adaptor for C-5050

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AlfaNutz

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a compatible lens adaptor for the C-5050 ? I don't want the original Olympus CL1 as it is only 43mm, quite difficult to get filter. Prefer something like 52mm.

Thanks !

Go try out the CLA-1 with a 43-52 step up ring in the store. Might work for your needs. The 52 ring does cast a shadow in the lower left corner of the image when using the built in flash.

Originally posted by dogbot
Go try out the CLA-1 with a 43-52 step up ring in the store. Might work for your needs. The 52 ring does cast a shadow in the lower left corner of the image when using the built in flash.

That's what I dun wan to do, moreover the shop does not have the step up adaptor.

ckcpower.com does have an adaptor that is a 41mm-49mm costs $24.95, but wonder how much it will be including shipping !

Agree with dogbot.. get the CLA-1 plus a stepup ring to a more common size for filters, but I'd recommend 46 or 49mm instead of 52mm as the bigger u get, the more it will block the built-in flash (unless u intend to use external flash most of the time).

Originally posted by stk
Agree with dogbot.. get the CLA-1 plus a stepup ring to a more common size for filters, but I'd recommend 46 or 49mm instead of 52mm as the bigger u get, the more it will block the built-in flash (unless u intend to use external flash most of the time).

With CLA-1 and a stepup ring to 46mm , a shadow is still cast on the lower left hand corner of the picture when using the built in flash. Unless u used an external flash then ok.

Do not step up unless u want to use external flash. Olympus has already thought things thru and planned it such that 43mm is good for the camera using the built in flash. As for 43mm filters etc, it is not a problem. I have the polariser and the UV filters for 43mm and they fit perfectly. When the lens protrude, it is just nice. Cathay can order the 43mm filters for u anytime.

Originally posted by TSC
Do not step up unless u want to use external flash. Olympus has already thought things thru and planned it such that 43mm is good for the camera using the built in flash. As for 43mm filters etc, it is not a problem. I have the polariser and the UV filters for 43mm and they fit perfectly. When the lens protrude, it is just nice. Cathay can order the 43mm filters for u anytime.

I think for 43mm, the choice are quite limited, and probably more ex if you can find it ?

I want to get the Hoya close up and polarizer, but they dun have it for 43mm.

I have the Hoya 43 mm polarizer. If they dun have it, go to cathay and ask them to order for you. Only takes one day to arrive and my polarizer cost about 15-20 dollars. Not a problem at all.

Anybody care to share the price of CLA-1 extension tube and the tele converter lens? :dunno:

Originally posted by ckwjea
Anybody care to share the price of CLA-1 extension tube
Think can get at $30 from CP. If not, I got 2nd hand one to sell. :D

Kevin said:
Think can get at $30 from CP. If not, I got
2nd hand one to sell. :D

do you still have the 2nd hand CLA-1 for sale?,how much u selling for. can msg me at 91798446. Thanks

kearn said:
do you still have the 2nd hand CLA-1 for sale?,how much u selling for. can msg me at 91798446. Thanks
Sold it sometimes ago at $15 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.