Lens adapter for C730UZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

technophobe

Hi fellas;

Can anyone please recommended a lens adapter for C730UZ? And best if you would give a approximate cost as well. And also just to clarify whether is it possible for me to add on lens so as to further enhance my optical zoom? Could some experts please kindly advise?

Originally posted by technophobe
Hi fellas;

Can anyone please recommended a lens adapter for C730UZ? And best if you would give a approximate cost as well. And also just to clarify whether is it possible for me to add on lens so as to further enhance my optical zoom? Could some experts please kindly advise?
Alan photo should sell those 3rd party types. Should be less than $20. Yes of course its possible to add Teleconvertors to increase your optical zoom. But a good one is not easy to find. :)

Originally posted by azone

Alan photo should sell those 3rd party types. Should be less than $20. Yes of course its possible to add Teleconvertors to increase your optical zoom. But a good one is not easy to find. :)

Hi azone;

Thanks for replying. Mind to tell me what to look out for before i purchase te 3rd party lens adapter? Eg: size?

And also upon installing the lens adapter will i be obstructing the digicam's lens? Cos the lens of C730UZ will extent when you power on. Thus if the lens Adapter is fixed on before powering on, will powering on later cause any problem? Sorry if i sounded stupid cause newbie at work. ;)

cos if it's gonna be the backbone of ur TCs and WCs might as well get something reliable...

Originally posted by denizenx
cos if it's gonna be the backbone of ur TCs and WCs might as well get something reliable...

Hi denizenx;

Mind to tell me in laymen term what's meant by TCs and WCs? Pardon my ignorance to all these jargons :dunno:

Hi azone;

Thanks for replying. Mind to tell me what to look out for before i purchase te 3rd party lens adapter? Eg: size?
Just bring your cam down and tell the salesman you wanna get a lens adapter. Try on the spot to make sure it fits. Size-wise, i can't rem. No worries, they'll know wat to give you if there're stock.

And also upon installing the lens adapter will i be obstructing the digicam's lens? Cos the lens of C730UZ will extent when you power on. Thus if the lens Adapter is fixed on before powering on, will powering on later cause any problem? Sorry if i sounded stupid cause newbie at work. ;)
The adapter is supposed to fit the extending lens as well, so no worries. And rem to get a UV filter with a size that fits the adapter. Its to protect the camera lens.

The original adapter will costs more, so if you wans to get one that is cheaper, get the 3rd party one. Dun worry, 3rd party ones are equally reliable. So far, have never heard one that actually gave way. ;)

Hi denizenx;

Mind to tell me in laymen term what's meant by TCs and WCs? Pardon my ignorance to all these jargons :dunno:
TC - Teleconvertors
WC - Wideangle convertors

Hi fellas;

Hey ! I got a used CLA-4 (55mm Lens thread) ... selling at S$30 ... with 2 step up rings .... you interested? ;)

Originally posted by azone

TC - Teleconvertors
WC - Wideangle convertors

Thanks azone :thumbsup:

wah !!! how many x you want ?
maybe buy a cheap 1.7x one la...
then total 17x liao

Originally posted by Blankies
then total 17x liao

Hi Blankies;

Is there any website showing the different accessories that is available for Olympus cameras? Cause I've have been trying to search on the Web but to no valid. Do you happen to know of such website? And btw thanks for your advice.

go dpreview n check out the reviews on 700 720 730... they have same accessories

Originally posted by Blankies
then total 17x liao

no prob man...that is the faq at the newbie section...also got faq at the HWZ digi cam section.

Both very useful...
But why you want a Teleconverter some more ? now enuff zoom meh ?

I actually wanted to get a TC too..but think think...maybe i go brush up my skills a bit more first b4 i spend again :D

Is there any website showing the different accessories that is available for Olympus cameras?
Jeremy McCreary's web site is a source of much useful information for digital photography in general, with particular emphasis on Olympus digicams: http://www.cliffshade.com/dpfwiw/

Originally posted by Midnight
Jeremy McCreary's web site is a source of much useful information for digital photography in general, with particular emphasis on Olympus digicams: http://www.cliffshade.com/dpfwiw/

Thanks... checking it out now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.