Lenovo crashed!

eedwinn

May 20, 2009
Hi guys, I know this is not the best forum to find solution to this but I'm gonna try anyway.

My 2 weeks old Lenovo IdeaPad U460 crashed after I tried pairing it with my phone using bluetooth. Called the service centre and their only solution is to reformat it. :eek:

Anyone has any other solution besides that? It's only 2 weeks and I haven't backed up my stuff... So hopefully I don't have to restore it to factory settings.

Here's what it states:

4886443171_59f07850b3.jpg

4886443181_7f7431323c.jpg

Window 7 not so sure but on XP confirm the repair will not erase ur data.

If repair is not possible extract the HDD and hook it to ur other PC(like an externall HDD) to extract the data before u reinstall.

Windows 7 got Safe mode?

If have, just try whether safe mode can load or not..

why dont you tried to turn on / off your bluetooth before restarting

Hi guys, I know this is not the best forum to find solution to this but I'm gonna try anyway.

My 2 weeks old Lenovo IdeaPad U460 crashed after I tried pairing it with my phone using bluetooth. Called the service centre and their only solution is to reformat it. :eek:

Anyone has any other solution besides that? It's only 2 weeks and I haven't backed up my stuff... So hopefully I don't have to restore it to factory settings.

Here's what it states:

4886443171_59f07850b3.jpg

4886443181_7f7431323c.jpg

boot into safe mode, uninstall the driver.

Press OneKey Rescue button to boot up your notebook, back up all your data to portable hard disk. I think you still need to restore your notebook to factory default for your OS to work. Hope it helps . . . . . :)

Btw, how come pairing with phone using bluetooth also can cause notebook to crash ? What is your notebook OS . . . . . ? :confused:

Press OneKey Rescue button to boot up your notebook, back up all your data to portable hard disk. I think you still need to restore your notebook to factory default for your OS to work. Hope it helps . . . . . :)

Btw, how come pairing with phone using bluetooth also can cause notebook to crash ? What is your notebook OS . . . . . ? :confused:

Definately cannot do it this way. The one key recovery will delete all data in the C drive.

U460 is using windows 7 which is install in the D drive. This unit don't have Windows Recovery CD.

Definately cannot do it this way. The one key recovery will delete all data in the C drive.

Under "OneKey Recovery" menu, there is "Back Up My Data" option. TS can back up all his data first before he performs "System Recovery".

U460 is using windows 7 which is install in the D drive. This unit don't have Windows Recovery CD.

All Windows Recovery component are stored in D: drive. That’s why there is no Recovery CD.

Btw, do you own a Lenovo notebook?

I'm a Lenovo Y450 owner. Hope that it is similar to U460. . . . . :)

Under "OneKey Recovery" menu, there is "Back Up My Data" option. TS can back up all his data first before he performs "System Recovery".

All Windows Recovery component are stored in D: drive. That’s why there is no Recovery CD.

Btw, do you own a Lenovo notebook?

I'm a Lenovo Y450 owner. Hope that it is similar to U460. . . . . :)

TS cannot boot up so how to back up? U tried the hard reset with the onekey recovery system?

I've a Lenovo U460..same as TS.

BTW, I did tried out the one key recovery on the second day with the notebook. Don't remember there's a back up option.

Edit: I tot there no recovery CD as there's no CD drive with the U460?

Last edited:
TS cannot boot up so how to back up? U tried the hard reset with the onekey recovery system?

I've a Lenovo U460..same as TS.

BTW, I did tried out the one key recovery on the second day with the notebook. Don't remember there's a back up option.

Edit: I tot there no recovery CD as there's no CD drive with the U460?

When the notebook is switched off, pressing the OneKey Rescue button will boot up the notebook in Lenovo Recovery mode (You may need to have AC power plugged instead of using battery). After you click the "OneKey Recovery" button, there is another menu where you can click the "Back Up My Data" button. Next screen shows your hard disk C: & D:. If you plug a Portable Hard disk, it will also be shown there (Example, E: drive).

My Y450 comes with Multi-burner Drive, but I was also not provided with Recovery CD.

When the notebook is switched off, pressing the OneKey Rescue button will boot up the notebook in Lenovo Recovery mode (You may need to have AC power plugged instead of using battery). After you click the "OneKey Recovery" button, there is another menu where you can click the "Back Up My Data" button. Next screen shows your hard disk C: & D:. If you plug a Portable Hard disk, it will also be shown there (Example, E: drive).

My Y450 comes with Multi-burner Drive, but I was also not provided with Recovery CD.

The one key recovery on the U460 is a red "button", need to use something to poke with it. Cannot click leh one.

Thank for the info. Did know there's an option for back up..I reinstalled the whole OS:bsmilie: lucky for me just second day so nothing to back up:bsmilie:

My other Lenovo(very old one) came with windows XP CD.

The one key recovery on the U460 is a red "button", need to use something to poke with it. Cannot click leh one.

Thank for the info. Did know there's an option for back up..I reinstalled the whole OS:bsmilie: lucky for me just second day so nothing to back up:bsmilie:

My other Lenovo(very old one) came with windows XP CD.

My Y450 "OneKey Rescue" button is a smaller black button just beside the power button.

Hope that this will also help the TS . . . . . :)

Thanks all for the reply. There isn't any options to back up my stuff on the OneKey Recovery...

Guess I will just have to take out the HDD and use it as an external harddisk to back it up. But what should I buy to connect the internal hard disk to connect to my other computer?

Thanks all for the reply. There isn't any options to back up my stuff on the OneKey Recovery...

Guess I will just have to take out the HDD and use it as an external harddisk to back it up. But what should I buy to connect the internal hard disk to connect to my other computer?

U can just use any 2.5" casing u have. External casing can be bought at SLS. Shld not be very ex, last time I paid 10 but that's bought with HDD.