lending of cameras...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibitemynails

Dec 4, 2004
SIGH..

my cousin wants to borrow my camera...

and i have no (or little) choice but to lend..

then i'm so afraid that something will happen to my camera...

sigh!!!

i don't want to lend anyone my camera..

if it's my cute little camera i don't mind..

but not my dSLR.. yet.. that is the one she asked for....

*sob* *sob*

ibitemynails said:
SIGH..

sigh!!!

*sob* *sob*

Make a "DSLR" label and stick it on your cute little camera. He/She won't notice. :sweatsm:

ibitemynails said:
SIGH..

sigh!!!

*sob* *sob*
Why the reasoning, no choice? always got a choice.

If you are afraid to say no... it will be more difficult later on.

If it were me and I don't want to lend because it's special, then say sorry, you can lend the other camera but not the DLSR.

By doing so, if you guys are close and you also borrow somethings of hers, then please be aware that these things are reciprocal when it's you turn to borrow hers.

../azul123

ibitemynails said:
SIGH..

sigh!!!

*sob* *sob*

u kena blackmail by her into lending? no rite... so u dun owe her anything to lend mah.. dun lend, state your reason.. the end...

How about setting up some conditions for the loan? Kekeke...

Seriously, talk to her about how precious you DSLR is to you lor...drill into her skull that this camera is PRECIOUS to you and only out of goodwill you lend it to her - if she's the careless kind then make it clear to her that she's responsible for any scratches or damages to your "precious".

ibitemynails said:
SIGH..

sigh!!!

*sob* *sob*

You know this is not going to be the last time she ask. What are you going to do the second, third and forth time she wants to borrow your DSLR?

We don't know what is your predicament that you have little choice. If it's just because she is your cousin, that does not carry any weight for me.

I thought of a solution. Ask for a deposit.

Just volunteer to take the pics for her!
:bsmilie:

Tell her DSLR not easy to use.... no LCD to look at! And you must use 2 hands... Zoom is not that powerful too. So many things to set...

Then after that, volunteer your service or lend her the P&S....
:bsmilie:

Just my tiny 1/3 f-stop... :)

i think .... just ask her to go over to your house .... and try using both the dslr and the compact ... ask her to hold the dslr for half an hour ... see if need to go gym first or not =X ... haha ... also .. does she know how to use one? ... otherwise if use dslr and shoot on auto ... den quite pointless right?

make her pay deposit..lol ;)

Does she know how to use a DSLR? Or is she too young and you dun trust her?

if you dont feel comfortable lending to her just say no. no need to give any reasons.

ibitemynails said:
SIGH..

sigh!!!

*sob* *sob*

Mai neow la. Wanna lend, just lend it to her. If not, just tell her that you need it for taking pics of Mickey Mouse when he decides to come 'home'. :bsmilie:

overheard in a camera shop today.....in this world, there are 2 things you dun lend out. one is your spouse and the other is ur camera..... ;p

once u agreed to lend her, certainly there will be another time. Just say no to her. well unless you're goin after her then that's another issue .. lolz

user12343 said:
overheard in a camera shop today.....in this world, there are 2 things you dun lend out. one is your spouse and the other is ur camera..... ;p

:think: What if your spouse want to borrow your camera? :sweat: LL liao.. :bsmilie:

well, if s/he is the CFO whom you'll have to seek permission for CAPEX, why not :p
damian77 said:
:think: What if your spouse want to borrow your camera? :sweat: LL liao.. :bsmilie:

sometimes pple dun really take care of borrowed things... it's not a sweeping statement, but sadly there is a tendency for pple not to take tender loving care of something which they dun own....

damian77 said:
That's a different topic we r discussing here.
For the record if it's your spouse and he/she borrowed your DSLR and spoiled it.
Well, at least u can SCREW her/him....:lovegrin:

user12343 said:
sometimes pple dun really take care of borrowed things... it's not a sweeping statement, but sadly there is a tendency for pple not to take tender loving care of something which they dun own....

Most of the time this sentence is true. It's just like using a rented car. Do you treat it with tender loving care as if you bought it with your hard earn cash?

Only those who are willing to take responsibility of ownership would treat borrowed items with care.

Bottomline is, if you do not trust the person asking for the item would take care of it, then don't lend it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.