len creep question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

syc77

Oct 27, 2002
Earth
Visit site
Hello,
i intend to purchase a 18-200 VR soon.I understand that some ppl in this forum bought this lens with len creep prob.i want to know how to i check for it?I know i need to go to the mid range then point the len up/down.question,do i need to mount it to my cam?would it b better to switch to Manual or AF while checking?

creep will not be present when its brand new but will be more significant with prolonged usage

user111 said:
creep will not be present when its brand new but will be more significant with prolonged usage

Pardon my ignorance. What is creep?

CreaXion said:
Pardon my ignorance. What is creep?

Err its actually refering to the lens barrel sliding down on its own when you pointing up in the sky...

Its will happen to this lens after using for while..

westwest1 said:
Err its actually refering to the lens barrel sliding down on its own when you pointing up in the sky...

Its will happen to this lens after using for while..

Thanks for the explanation

lens creep also refers to the lens zooming out of the barrel due to gravity when u point it face down

user111 said:

then may I ask,y is it in some of the 18-200 vr threads,some owners experienced with their brand new lens?

syc77 said:
then may I ask,y is it in some of the 18-200 vr threads,some owners experienced with their brand new lens?

That will happen in most of the 18-200...

By adding a filter...the creep is more obvious...cause its heavier...

Maybe I suggest is to rent the lens out one day for a test...

westwest1 said:
That will happen in most of the 18-200...

By adding a filter...the creep is more obvious...cause its heavier...

Maybe I suggest is to rent the lens out one day for a test...

i looked but no one seem to b renting out this lens.
do u happened to know anyone that does?

Status
Not open for further replies.