Leitz Super Elmar - R 15mm f/3.5 (F mount)

Which one is the "owner"?

I know there's a young man there, he can be rather attitude at times.

I saw many young men there... there was a young man working there as well, other than the boss. And the boss is older than all of his employees.

Sorry to hear that Kit.

Leica lens for Nikon cameras

USING LEICA-R LENSES ON CANON dSLRs

Actually I have been considering this lens but read an article stating that it need shaving before being usable so I gave up the idea. Anyway check link above for better understanding. Hope it help.

Thanks! Apparently, both versions of the Super Elmar R 15mm f/3.5 will clear Canon 1Ds series.

hmm.. i routinely convert lenses and ran into a couple mirror issues, but to my understanding its more likely that the rear element get scratched than the mirror get chipped so don't worry too much. i am surprised though, that R glass would hit the mirror on nikon/canon slrs as the R system has a longer flange-film distance. this would indicate that leica didnt need the mount to be so deep to accommodate the mirror but purposely made it deeper so other people would by their glass to convert.

and a short question: the lens clears the EOS full frame mirror but not nikons'? i had the same issue with the canon fl 55 1.2 and a nikon FA; just wanna see if what happen to me happens across the board.

Thanks Ben, according to the link provided by miyata, there are differences amongst Canon FF as well. The lens will clear the 1Ds series but not the 5D family. I should have a bit of free time on Thursday. Thinking of dropping the camera off at NSC for a check.

I still have not heard from Monster Camera yet. Seems like they will not assume any responsibility if the camera was indeed damaged.

I saw many young men there... there was a young man working there as well, other than the boss. And the boss is older than all of his employees.

:eek:

So far I only knew 2 guys there, one is really young, like a student or something. The other one always wear a business white shirt (those collared office wear), probably in his late 20s or something. Definitely younger than the ladies there and he seemed to have more authority than the ladies..

The boss is how old approximately?

:eek:

So far I only knew 2 guys there, one is really young, like a student or something. The other one always wear a business white shirt (those collared office wear), probably in his late 20s or something. Definitely younger than the ladies there and he seemed to have more authority than the ladies..

The boss is how old approximately?

I would think he is in his late 20s or early 30s. For some reason I cannot recollect his name...

The Leitz 15mm was going for $3250. The Zeiss 15mm ZF.2 costs close to $4400. I have the Zeiss 15mm on order with Cathey but they seem to take forever to get this lens. So I thought the Leitz was a good alternative, especially when its about half the size of the Zeiss.

Didn't realize the zeiss zf2 is over $4k. I asked abt the ZE version at slrr and IIRC they quoted me just under $4k. Still too much to pay for a hobby shooter. Think the zeiss 18mm will do fine!

Just to add slrr had stock of the ZE version when I was there. Not sure abt the zf2 version though.

Last edited: