Leica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grace

Aug 8, 2004
Serangoon area
I just purchased the Leica D-LUX 4.
Anyone out there used it before?
Can someone enlighten me on the wonders of this camera?

Thanks

You don't need others to tell you the wonders because the camera doesn't do wonders if you can't. Really. It's a great cam but you'll need to learn how to unleash the magic.

Grace,

I was once in your position whereby I was either new to the digital world, or new to a particular camera.

I found that carefully going through detailed reviews, as well as user reviews helped me glean useful information.

I later learned that where compacts and prosumers are concerned, since their design(s) usually mean that there are limitations, looking for other user groups on the net and their 'tips and hints' provided more information on maximizing the use of a particular camera.

Try Googling 'Leica D-LUX 4 reviews' and 'Leica D-LUX 4 tips and hints'. Also search for the Leica forum and don't forget to read and understand the manual first.

Alternatively, I know of at least one experienced photographer who conducts basic photography lessons which include a portion on understanding how to use your camera. Not me ah.

All the best.

.... the wonders of photography do not reside in Kopitiam.

I would suggest reading up and looking at images and understanding what makes images bad, mediocre, great and immortal as far as you are concerned.

At the same time, understand the strengths of your camera.... you have to be honest here.... you MUST know what your camera does best and what areas it is weak in..... herein likes the wonders of photography ..... the constant mixing and matching of environments, subjects and equiptment to create images

Spend most of your time in photo galleries to learn from not just the good, but the bad as well..... follow photographers whose styles you like/enjoy .... send them PM and ask ....

Status
Not open for further replies.