Leica Store Singapore Opening - 7 Oct 2010 ...at the event....

WOW, Leica in Singapore. will go down there later... :bigeyes:

Yang Yan Kang, a noted Chinese Photographer who's truly humble and willing and shares many smiles!

1037773917_pY6Fv-M.jpg
[/CENTER]

His pictures are :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes, even if you are not a Leica person, you should make an effort to at least have a look at the in-store photo exhibition by Yang Yan Kang. Beautiful handprinted photos

Yang YanKang

1954 Born in Anshun County, Guizhou province, China Yang Yankang

Currently lives in Shenzhen. He is a freelance photographer and a member of the French agency VII

2009 Awarded the "Henri Nannen Preis 2009", "Star" and "Geo".

2008 Publish "BUDDHISM IN TIBET" 14 pictures have been collected by YaChang Gallery.

2008 Book£º"Catholic In The Countryside" join exhibition of Insight China£¬exhibit in U.S and Europe for 4 years.

2007 His works on "Tibetan Traditional Buddhism" was exhibited at the Shanghai Fine Arts Museum. 20 of these prints were bought during the exhibition.

2007 Awarded the "Shafei Award" ¨C first place . 50 of his works were bought by the Guangdong Fine Arts Museum.

2005 Awarded the "Henri Nannen Preis 2005", "Star" and "Geo".

2004 "Catholic in the Chinese countryside" exhibited at the Pingyao Photography Festival

2002 Awarded "Best Foreign Photographer" at the Dongjiang International Photography Festival. Named one of the ten best photographers in China by "She Ying Zhi You" magazine Joint exhibition, VISA International Photography Festival.

2001 Recipient of the "Fund Award" at the Shandong Yipin International Photography Festival. Named one of the ten best photographers in China by "She Ying Zhi You" magazine Solo exhibition, Taiwan Visual Art Center

1995 Joint exhibition, Tokyo, Japan.

1992 Joint exhibition, Germany.

1988 Solo exhibitions in Shenzhen, Sha'anxi, and Guizhou province.
Published "Yang Yan Kang ¨C Northern Sha'anxi

Last edited:
Lol tat is sibeh funny

The contrast in styles between men and women is markedly different

5059661841_5e297218a5.jpg

1037772080_UdKSy-M.jpg

oh! the temptation of the guilty pleasure of laughing at another's unwitting misfortune. but be it that the left hand is a little out of place, the finger grip fits her perfectly and her trigger finger has the "sniper death touch" :thumbsup:

she has potential...

1037773917_pY6Fv-M.jpg

b&w handprints were :thumbsup::thumbsup:

No left hand needed, Leica M9 auto focus?

what?!!
u mean the $11k camera cannot auto focus like a $300 p&s ?????

Or is the M9 supposed to be $11.30?

*Sigh*

It's like a Lambo... can see, can touch, but cannot justify the price! Maybe I'll make a trip to see Yang Kang's exhibition.

Ha ha ha :). must....uughh. ......FIGHT.....th...th... the poison

Maybe she was using hyperfocal distance technique leh. dun pray pray :p

What are the official operating hours?
Sunday/Holidays open? :think:

Is it open on sunday? Going city hall tomorrow and will drop by to see Yang Yan Kang display. I just fear poison as I am still a RF virgin...

Major Poison had opened its stores in SG finally hahahahaha prepare them bucket....

Read the write-up in today's Straits Times.

The MD of AP claims in the article: "A Leica camera never depreciates in value, Mr Kaur claims. 'It will be $1,200 today and $1,200 at the end of its life cycle'."

Is that true?

Aside from the NPV factor, where $1 today is worth more than $1 next year, perhaps he is talking about the retail price?

I'm sure he is certainly not talking about resale price because the M8 body was selling at about S$8,000 at the end of last year, and today ebay has it going for about S$5,000!

Or am I reading him wrong?

I'm sure he is certainly not talking about resale price because the M8 body was selling at about S$8,000 at the end of last year, and today ebay has it going for about S$5,000!

Or am I reading him wrong?
What? Currently it is about sg$3,500! in Sg