Leica Q Type 116 - fixed lens 1.7/28 and full frame camera!

Hi, just got the Q with Grip :D

Anyone uses the Q without the hood? Does it affect much?

I have a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5 and the Q can fit inside without the hood. If using the hood, I need to use my Mover 10 - a bit bigger. Hoping to use the Mover 5 for a trip to travel light but don't want to "lose out" if the hood really improves the picture.

Anyone can share some experience? Thank you.

$Leica Q and Leather Grip.jpg

This is halfcase with grip not grip=p
I use hood coz i scared front element hit n break or scratch eevn though i got put on filter =)
My 1st leica, have to take care of it haha

Hi, just got the Q with Grip :D

Anyone uses the Q without the hood? Does it affect much?

I have a Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5 and the Q can fit inside without the hood. If using the hood, I need to use my Mover 10 - a bit bigger. Hoping to use the Mover 5 for a trip to travel light but don't want to "lose out" if the hood really improves the picture.

Anyone can share some experience? Thank you.

View attachment 9796
I've purchased this half case too! Waiting for delivery :) I'm using the Q with hood on all the time for outdoor and indoor shots. Some of my shots taken today.
$uploadfromtaptalk1449242413085.jpg
$uploadfromtaptalk1449242502184.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hood on all the time, and leave the lens cap at home. But tbh, it's more for a protection than anything. Modern optics are hard to flare.

I am using the black Angelo Pelle case without grip; the leather is actually grippy enough, and made the rear thumb rest more pronounced. A good thing too as I am not used to holding a leica with a handgrip.

I have just used the Q today, and it already locked up on me; fresh card, battery refreshed once, and I have ensured the best practise in maintenance. Not a camera I would use for serious assignments, though to be frank it is not difficult to pull out the battery so long as it is not a wet and moist condition.

The IQ was average, but the handling is the reason why I will keep using it, there is nothing like it. I have tried the a7rii with the loxia 2/35, which was nice but am a firm believer aperture ring should be in front.

Thanks for all the sharing on the hood - looks like it will stay on for me :)

Anyone can recommend a good shoulder bag that fits Leica Q nicely? Thanks

Just got mine from AP today. I've tried many times and at last managed to get one. Quite gd price. Can't wait to get my first shot out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billingham Alice or any Brady

There's a new Brady camera bag released this year called Kennet
I kind of like it

need info..
where can I get this Leica Q lens cap ?
Thanks

I tried out the Q in Leica Store Raffles Hotel. Does anyone find switching from AF to MF quite troublesome or is it just me? :embrass: Or do Q users usually rely on the rather speedy AF for normal usage? Must admit the lens is awesome. But definitely need an extra grip or leather case.

I tried out the Q in Leica Store Raffles Hotel. Does anyone find switching from AF to MF quite troublesome or is it just me? :embrass: Or do Q users usually rely on the rather speedy AF for normal usage? Must admit the lens is awesome. But definitely need an extra grip or leather case.

Just twist the focus ring then it becomes MF. Of course you need to press the lock before you can do this. It is just so easy to switch between AF and MF.

BTW: just don't understand why so many guys are selling the Q. I have been using it for quite a while, it is just awesome!

Thanks for the encouraging words shepherdmoon because I'm actually sitting on the fence deciding between the Q and Nikon D750. I know they are two very different cameras not fair to compare them. Price wise also a big difference it's like can get 2 Nikon kit set with the same amount of money. Having a tough time deciding between the two, do you folks have any advice please share.

Thanks for the encouraging words shepherdmoon because I'm actually sitting on the fence deciding between the Q and Nikon D750. I know they are two very different cameras not fair to compare them. Price wise also a big difference it's like can get 2 Nikon kit set with the same amount of money. Having a tough time deciding between the two, do you folks have any advice please share.

It's Leica !!!

Hi alant,

D750 and Q are totally 2 different cam to choose. One is a system and the other is a premium compact. You need ask yourself whether you can live with a fixed focal length (28mm).

D750 is one of the best DSLR in the market and Nikon has a whole lot of lenses to choose from.

Q is just a fixed 28mm but it is also the best 28mm lens. Its really meant to shoot wide open anytime anywhere. The handling you can really feel its premium and it has the old school MF, dials/knobs and style. Of cos, it allows AF if you want to :)

I have owned and used many many DSLR and compact in the past. The most recent is I swapped my a7RII + 28.2 with a Q. Although I lost the versatility of lens changing, I have no regrets and the Q is just too awesome.

But there's a limit of what 28mm can do but it also force you to be creative in finding your right angle to compose the shot, and I think this is the most enjoyable part in photography.

Hope this help you in deciding between the 2.

Cheers

Q is one of the most intuitive cam...

You can switch from AF to MF by pressing the knob and turn the focus ring slightly off "A". From MF to AF, pressing the knob and just turn the focus ring to "A".
You can also switch between MACRO and normal mode by turning a switch on the lens.

Totally agree! Q and Nikon D750 are completely different systems. for me, I start to appreciate traveling light and shooting without being noticed by others. also my age gradually prevent me from bringing too heavy DSLR gears. I sold my beloved Nikon DSLR years ago and switched to digital Leica M and Leica Q. The Nikon D750 system is absolutely a work hose for appropriate applications. So you have to ask yourself what you really need.

For the Q, it is just a breeze to switch to 35mm and 50mm frames only losing some pixels, even though the final pixel number is similar to my ME (same as M9). but the fast AF, high ISO, image stabilizing, macro mode etc. etc. make the Q so advantageous. basically you can just travel anywhere with this single camera plus a few backup batteries (it eats batteries pretty fast due to live view). now I am very satisfied with the combination of Q + ME (+ a few awesome 50/1.5 lenses)

Hi alant,

D750 and Q are totally 2 different cam to choose. One is a system and the other is a premium compact. You need ask yourself whether you can live with a fixed focal length (28mm).

D750 is one of the best DSLR in the market and Nikon has a whole lot of lenses to choose from.

Q is just a fixed 28mm but it is also the best 28mm lens. Its really meant to shoot wide open anytime anywhere. The handling you can really feel its premium and it has the old school MF, dials/knobs and style. Of cos, it allows AF if you want to :)

I have owned and used many many DSLR and compact in the past. The most recent is I swapped my a7RII + 28.2 with a Q. Although I lost the versatility of lens changing, I have no regrets and the Q is just too awesome.

But there's a limit of what 28mm can do but it also force you to be creative in finding your right angle to compose the shot, and I think this is the most enjoyable part in photography.

Hope this help you in deciding between the 2.

Cheers

Q is one of the most intuitive cam...

You can switch from AF to MF by pressing the knob and turn the focus ring slightly off "A". From MF to AF, pressing the knob and just turn the focus ring to "A".
You can also switch between MACRO and normal mode by turning a switch on the lens.