Leica lens evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightpiper

Oct 20, 2003
ladies & gentlemen, as i have promised, something interesting is brewing. i have done up an evaluation on a Leica lens fitted to my E1.

P2041372.jpg

100% cropped
P2041372-100.jpg

if you like what you see, click on the link for a full read. :)

http://www.mytikas.org/portal/kb.php?mode=article&k=2 place your discussion & comments here: http://www.mytikas.org/portal/viewtopic.php?t=142

pardon the grammar errors & typos. thx u for viewing. :)

Thank you for sharing .... :thumbsup:

hehe tempting us again. So should buy anot? Cant see the whiskers.

BUY LAH!!

how come u cannot see the whiskers? my CRT & laptop LCD can see very clearly leh. :think:

nightpiper said:
BUY LAH!!

how come u cannot see the whiskers? my CRT & laptop LCD can see very clearly leh. :think:

:think: SURFING USING A pda? ;p

maybe my reading glasses must change to leica standard :bsmilie:
so yah buy lah.

Nightpiper, Round and earthly colors - seems a little different from the Zuiko lenses.
BTW, is that a monkey or a small panda.

nightpiper said:
...if you like what you see, ...
I definately like what i see, but looking at it again. Am not sure if it likes wat it sees ;p

chainsmoker said:
maybe my reading glasses must change to leica standard :bsmilie:
so yah buy lah.

i think its more like changing ur monitor works better than changing specs. ;p

Chii said:
SURFING USING A pda?
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

serene said:
Nightpiper, Round and earthly colors - seems a little different from the Zuiko lenses.
BTW, is that a monkey or a small panda.

how do u come up with "round" colours? what do u mean? :think: interesting....
if u r refering to the image from the 1st post here, i think its a type of lemur, forgotten already sorry...

Round means not edgy, sharp, and is soothing, etc
I saw your handphone pics on the other forum - can you let me help you to take a nicer set?:devil:

Although I don't understand all the techie stuff, but I am amazed at the Low CA characteristic of this lens. Is this a Leica trade secret? Also, the portraits certainly have a quality look compared to non-portraits(not your technique but how the overall turns out - there is certain naturalness to the contours and colors - hope you know what I mean)

yes, i agree with u serene. the colours & sharpness the Leica lens produce is different. its like softness within hardness. very interesting, never encounter a lens like this before. :D

u can take pics of my cam combo anytime, juz let me know when. :) will be good to replace those crappy phone pics.

damn interesting night. So r u Wai kin aka Juggernaut?

Quite glad i kept my E1. Now i feel like trying Leica lenses to. Any idea where to get the Kinkai adaptor?

yep, thats me. :) another forum another name.

u shud upgrade already, the 8MP DSLR that is... :lovegrin: looks like the E500 is cheap & good. :thumbsup:

nightpiper said:
u shud upgrade already, the 8MP DSLR that is... :lovegrin: looks like the E500 is cheap & good. :thumbsup:

Don't tell me you got yourself an E-500? Now you can see the detail resolving power of that 8MP Kodak sensor!

digitalbuff said:
damn interesting night. So r u Wai kin aka Juggernaut?

Quite glad i kept my E1. Now i feel like trying Leica lenses to. Any idea where to get the Kinkai adaptor?

http://www.cameraquest.com/adapt_olyE1.htm

I ordered this and will post test pictures with the 50mmf2 and the 90mmf2...:bigeyes:

hi Hacker, when u get ur Leicas, do u mind we meetup for a little lens test? i really like to know how much difference between the Elmarit & Summicron. :)

nightpiper said:
hi Hacker, when u get ur Leicas, do u mind we meetup for a little lens test? i really like to know how much difference between the Elmarit & Summicron. :)

The 90mmf2 and f2.8 should not show any difference, just the f stop. If you are referring to the APO ROM version, it will be the sharpest lens in the Leica stable, but too contrasty for portraits, just like the current Oly 50mmf2 (can only be used in non-contrasty situations).

We can always meet up. I have not yet received the adapter. Should be arriving next week. BTW, do you use soft focus filters? Thinking of putting one on. Not sure which is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.