Leica Digital Modul

Status
Not open for further replies.

angalphoto

Nov 24, 2003
singapore
Visit site
Leica is launching the R8 & R9 digital modul on 7 sept 2005 at Marriott Hotel Lengkuas Room Level 2 Time 11am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm.

angalphoto said:
Leica is launching the R8 & R9 digital modul on 7 sept 2005 at Marriott Hotel Lengkuas Room Level 2 Time 11am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm.

Cathay quoted $8888...
Anyone bought?

what a nice and lucky figure included 88 cents too ?
:bsmilie:

First, I need to buy Leica R8 or R9 before I think to buy Leica Digital Modul :bsmilie:

Arto

Hi,

Wanted to comment on the launch of the Leica DMR. I was present at the launch and received very nice brochures, information as well as a nice doorgift. There was nice finger food provided as well. :) Yeah,, so I want to thank all the people involved for creating that session and providing all the equipement for us to try out such as Elinchrome lights and background, Epson printers and the DMR.

The presentation by the Leica R program manager was very informative with lots of technical info as well as some inside info ;) ; he also did amazing things like cleaning the CCD sensor with his polo shirt and throwing the Leica DMR back on the ground to proof its toughness. He mentioned that the CCD sensor has a special coating on it which is also used on their binoculars and resists scratches.

About the Leica DMR combination, It is a very nice well made camera. It fits in very well with the camera portion and you don't get the feeling that it is a frankenstein camera. It is also very easy to remove the digital back for cleaning or switching to analogue film, I think that is not a problem at all. The camera feels very good and is well balanced in your hand. The LCD on the back is very bright and has very good resolution. The quality of the buttons, finish and everything is first class. The user interface of the digital back is fine. It also does things like coming up with a histogram after taking the shot which I really like.

Its very nice using a manual focus camera where you can work and be careful about making the image. Its often easy to just get the focus in with an autofocus camera and then fire off many shots in order to try to get the image, but I think trying to concentrate and make the image does make different kinds of images which can be really good. The feel of the silky smooth manual focus is very nice as well ;) I think I really miss that when using an AF DSLR.

Onto the image quality. I think the image quality of the DMR is really amazing and its up there with Medium Format digital backs in terms of sharpness, tonality and lack of noise in the images. Therefore I think the price is actually not expensive compared to other digital cameras especially when comparing the quality. The Elinchrome lights are really fantastic as well ;)

Well, thats all I can think of at the moment.

leicamp said:
Hi,

Wanted to comment on the launch of the Leica DMR. I was present at the launch and received very nice brochures, information as well as a nice doorgift. There was nice finger food provided as well. :) Yeah,, so I want to thank all the people involved for creating that session and providing all the equipement for us to try out such as Elinchrome lights and background, Epson printers and the DMR.

The presentation by the Leica R program manager was very informative with lots of technical info as well as some inside info ;) ; he also did amazing things like cleaning the CCD sensor with his polo shirt and throwing the Leica DMR back on the ground to proof its toughness. He mentioned that the CCD sensor has a special coating on it which is also used on their binoculars and resists scratches.

About the Leica DMR combination, It is a very nice well made camera. It fits in very well with the camera portion and you don't get the feeling that it is a frankenstein camera. It is also very easy to remove the digital back for cleaning or switching to analogue film, I think that is not a problem at all. The camera feels very good and is well balanced in your hand. The LCD on the back is very bright and has very good resolution. The quality of the buttons, finish and everything is first class. The user interface of the digital back is fine. It also does things like coming up with a histogram after taking the shot which I really like.

Its very nice using a manual focus camera where you can work and be careful about making the image. Its often easy to just get the focus in with an autofocus camera and then fire off many shots in order to try to get the image, but I think trying to concentrate and make the image does make different kinds of images which can be really good. The feel of the silky smooth manual focus is very nice as well ;) I think I really miss that when using an AF DSLR.

Onto the image quality. I think the image quality of the DMR is really amazing and its up there with Medium Format digital backs in terms of sharpness, tonality and lack of noise in the images. Therefore I think the price is actually not expensive compared to other digital cameras especially when comparing the quality. The Elinchrome lights are really fantastic as well ;)

Well, thats all I can think of at the moment.

Which did you test with?
R8 or R9?

porshee said:
Which did you test with?
R8 or R9?

Tested with Leica R9 and Leica 21-25mm lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.