Leica D-Lux 4 or Panasonic LX-5 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreenEasy

Jan 19, 2007
Thomson
I was presented with a new LX5 today. I already got a Leica D-lux 4 about 1.5 years old.
Which should I keep and why? Hope to get some bros input before deciding.
Thanks for sharing.

C'mon man. U already have a Leica

I don't need to 2 cam. The LX5 have many new features that the Leica. Should I keep base on brand or features???

Last edited:
I was presented with a new LX5 today. I already got a Leica D-lux 4 about 1.5 years old.
Which should I keep and why? Hope to get some bros input before deciding.
Thanks for sharing.

Bro can ask urself why u need a Lx5? ? :sweat:

Wat ur D-lux 4 cant do beside the zoom lens part? Wat if there is a D-lux5 will u still ask the same question? Lx5 or D-lux5? just my 2 cent tot...")

Last edited:
get d-lux 5 ;)

oH my, aren't some people so lucky ...
guess you wouldn't have this issue if you weren't presented with an LX5 . ... hahahh..

The D-Lux 4 is rather similar to the Panasonic LX-3
The LX-5 has few more features than the previous 2 mentioned.

If its features you are after, than keep the LX-5.
If you like a Leica better... The Leica's new equivalent to the LX-5 is a D-Lux 5

The lenses on both the Leica & the Panasonic should be similar, built by Leica.
The bodies of the 2 marques may be different, but my guess is that many of the internal components could be from Panasonic.

cheers!

Last edited:
guess you wouldn't have this issue if you weren't presented with an LX5 . ... hahahh..

If you like a Leica better... The Leica's new equivalent to the LX-5 is a D-Lux 5

The bodies of the 2 marques may be different, but my guess is that many of the internal components could be from Panasonic.

cheers!

true.

one made in japan another made in Germany for an extra $300 plus :eek:

If you feel your D-Lux 4 has some shortcomings with regards to your style of shooting (e.g. lack of zoom) which are addressed by the LX5, then keep the LX5.

But if you are totally satisfied with what your Leica can do, I'll be happy to buy your Panny... Haha!

Cheers!

I used to own an LX-3 which is nearly the same as D-Lux 4 and I was not very happy with it's ISO performance, due to my personal usage for compact cameras. For me I have no problem lugging out my heavy DSLR for photography trips, but definitely not for a casual night out with my friends or family all the time. And chances are I find myself often using the LX-3 in pretty low light situations.

If you are using a compact the way I do, I would think LX5's improved ISO performance is another thing you can consider other than the built factor, brand factor and lens. In day time my LX-3 is king, but in low light situations it sometimes really falls short marginally.

If I have to choose between the 2, of course the LX5.
The LX5 is one generation newer than the DLUx4 (which is same as the LX3) and has better and improved features. The Dlux 4 is a more expensive version of the LX5, sort of like a notebook with "ferrari" engraved on it, thus costing more due to the name. If I were you, I will sell of the DLUX4, take back some money and keep the LX5. :)

If I have to choose between the 2, of course the LX5.
The LX5 is one generation newer than the DLUx4 (which is same as the LX3) and has better and improved features. The Dlux 4 is a more expensive version of the LX5, sort of like a notebook with "ferrari" engraved on it, thus costing more due to the name. If I were you, I will sell of the DLUX4, take back some money and keep the LX5. :)

Thank you very much for the advise. ;)

I used to own an LX-3 which is nearly the same as D-Lux 4 and I was not very happy with it's ISO performance, due to my personal usage for compact cameras. For me I have no problem lugging out my heavy DSLR for photography trips, but definitely not for a casual night out with my friends or family all the time. And chances are I find myself often using the LX-3 in pretty low light situations.

If you are using a compact the way I do, I would think LX5's improved ISO performance is another thing you can consider other than the built factor, brand factor and lens. In day time my LX-3 is king, but in low light situations it sometimes really falls short marginally.

Thank you very much for the advise ;)

If you feel your D-Lux 4 has some shortcomings with regards to your style of shooting (e.g. lack of zoom) which are addressed by the LX5, then keep the LX5.

But if you are totally satisfied with what your Leica can do, I'll be happy to buy your Panny... Haha!

Cheers!

Are you interested in the Leica :)

cheers!

May consider selling both and wait for the Leica D-Lux 5. I have compared D-lux 4 & LX5, the D-lux 4 have slightly better colour that I like.

Last edited:
Bro can ask urself why u need a Lx5? ? :sweat:

Wat ur D-lux 4 cant do beside the zoom lens part? Wat if there is a D-lux5 will u still ask the same question? Lx5 or D-lux5? just my 2 cent tot...")

Thank you very much for the advise ;)

Are you interested in the Leica :)

Hmmm... Good question. I'm actually thinking if I can have enough patience to wait for the D-Lux 5. Because I'm already drooling to get the LX5 just by looking at the sample pictures posted by the happy owners of the new Panny.

If selling both the D-lux 4 & LX5 provide enough budget to get the D-lux 5, I will do it.

Just get the M9 and forget the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.