Leica D-Lux 4 or Panasonic LX-5 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
May consider selling both and wait for the Leica D-Lux 5. I have compared D-lux 4 & LX5, the D-lux 4 have slightly better colour that I like.

:thumbsup:Sell 'em both & get the D-Lux 5 :thumbsup: That should solve the dilemma !! ;)

Rgds to the color results between the D-Lux 4 & LX5, what camera mode was used for comparison? full auto?

i m yet to pick up a new compact..(likely the LX5).. read somewhere that the Leica D-Lux4 gives better color results compared to the LX3. It was mentioned that its probably due to the different software algorithm used.. Leica's auto mode setting may pick a lower iso setting vs the Panasonic's auto setting...
( :think: wonder if setting the color, brightness and saturation in the custom menu.. C1, C2 on the LX5 can give you a more desirable photo result compared to the D-Lux 4)

Can you kindly shoot a photo and share, using similar manual exposure settings on both the D-Lux4 and the LX5 to compare the results?

cheers!

Last edited:
Honestly, even when i'm a proud owner of a LX5, i still very much like the D-Lux 4.
However, if you decide to keep the LX-5, you can sell your D-Lux 4 to spend the sum of money on all the LX5's accessorries.

Sold the LX5 to a bro in this thread :)

Sold the D-Lux 4 too :)
Camping out for D-Lux 5 :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.