Leica Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
Anyone here uses Leicas? Any opinions or comments on their cameras, film and digital? Ok. I know their M8 is no longer crap. :bsmilie:

i ve never shot a leica in my life, but M8 is crap? base on wat?

tis will start a war :(:(:(!!!!!

i ve never shot a leica in my life, but M8 is crap?

Why do you think M8 is crap? :dunno:

Personally I don't own Leica cameras but I know people who own them. I have handled the M8 myself. It is definitely far from crap.

The M8 has been fixed via new firmware. New M8s now do not exhibit these issues. Based on reviews I have read . . .

ok. i stand corrected then. with the new firmware, the m8 is not crap.

what abt the other models? film ones.

You believe these guys??? They are paid to say good things and I don't think Leica pays them well.

i take everything with a pinch of salt, coming from publications that does reviews. but i do tend to compare features against price.

ok. i stand corrected then. with the new firmware, the m8 is not crap.

what abt the other models? film ones.

Two words.... Different breed.

Leica cameras are a different breed of animal from your usual Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus or Pentax. You have to handle and shoot with one to believe. Remember, when you shoot with a Leica film camera, use transparency films. Otherwise, you will not see much differences.

i take everything with a pinch of salt, coming from publications that does reviews. but i do tend to compare features against price.

Leica cameras are legendary, both in image quality and build quality. Otherwise, why would people want to pay so much for them.

Presently, China has the largest number of Leica owners in the world. It is also one of the best place to buy Leica cameras, lenses and accessories.

Two words.... Different breed.

Leica cameras are a different breed of animal from your usual Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus or Pentax. You have to handle and shoot with one to believe. Remember, when you shoot with a Leica film camera, use transparency films. Otherwise, you will not see much differences.

was wondering whether the R9 is a good buy?

Leica cameras are legendary, both in image quality and build quality. Otherwise, why would people want to pay so much for them.

Presently, China has the largest number of Leica owners in the world. It is also one of the best place to buy Leica cameras, lenses and accessories.

IQ aside, i have read of bad experience with the QC for the cams. If anything were to go wrong, the cam have to be sent back to germany?

was wondering whether the R9 is a good buy?

Leica is famous for its M-series rangefinder cameras. The R-series cameras are good but their value don't hold as well.

IQ aside, i have read of bad experience with the QC for the cams. If anything were to go wrong, the cam have to be sent back to germany?

Even Canon and Nikon have bad QCs.

There is always a local service centre for your Leica. Otherwise, there are many people I know who know how to service them. Steven Lee at Camera Hospital is one of them. Steven is a Leica user himself.

Leica is famous for its M-series rangefinder cameras. The R-series cameras are good but their value don't hold as well.

yeah. i know but i sort of like how u can strap on a digital back on the R9 and use it as a dslr too. although at the price, most ppl will get a D3 or 1D Mk III.

Even Canon and Nikon have bad QCs.

There is always a local service centre for your Leica. Otherwise, there are many people I know who know how to service them. Steven Lee at Camera Hospital is one of them. Steven is a Leica user himself.

of cos. but i would have expected better QC from germans.

i see. what kind of price range for the m series are we looking at? i have not asked around yet.

yeah. i know but i sort of like how u can strap on a digital back on the R9 and use it as a dslr too. although at the price, most ppl will get a D3 or 1D Mk III.

When you shoot with a Leica, forget about putting a digital back. It is either you use a M8 or something else. If I am to shoot with a digital back, I will use a Hasselblad instead.

of cos. but i would have expected better QC from germans.

i see. what kind of price range for the m series are we looking at? i have not asked around yet.

More than $2,000 in Singapore for a used film body with decent condition.

When you shoot with a Leica, forget about putting a digital back. It is either you use a M8 or something else. If I am to shoot with a digital back, I will use a Hasselblad instead.

its the flexibility really. hassy? :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.