Leica announces The Ultimate Street Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
leica01.jpg

Leica announces the most exciting model since the, erm, 1950 one.

It's a 2.1 MP 24mm wide angle weatherproof digital camera.
Made with Canon image quality and Nikon optics, it's set to take the street shooting world by storm.

Small, discreet in the new, fashionable "stealth duct-tape black", it boasts auto exposure, autofocus and a totally silent shutter.

leica02.jpg

BUY ! BUY ! BUY !

Yah lor. Kena banned from getting another camera, and I needed a wide angle P&S. Originally wanted to get the A70 with wide angle adaptor.

Then I realized that the Nikon WC-E24 converter (which I used for exactly one day before my Coolpix 990 was smashed) fit very nicely over the waterproof casing of the S330, and was very stable when held in place by duct tape. One thing led to another, and behold - the birth of a new camera. Since it was all black, I decided to decorate it with a little red dot. Very fetching, don't you think?

So you see, you CAN have a weatherproof casing and a wide angle adaptor at the same time! ;)

Originally posted by StreetShooter

Leica announces the most exciting model since the, erm, 1950 one.

It's a 2.1 MP 24mm wide angle weatherproof digital camera.
Made with Canon image quality and Nikon optics, it's set to take the street shooting world by storm.

Small, discreet in the new, fashionable "stealth duct-tape black", it boasts auto exposure, autofocus and a totally silent shutter.
[/B][/QUOTE]
sure or not? :embrass: dont bull me leh..?

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Yah lor. Kena banned from getting another camera, and I needed a wide angle P&S. Originally wanted to get the A70 with wide angle adaptor.

Then I realized that the Nikon WC-E24 converter (which I used for exactly one day before my Coolpix 990 was smashed) fit very nicely over the waterproof casing of the S330, and was very stable when held in place by duct tape. One thing led to another, and behold - the birth of a new camera. Since it was all black, I decided to decorate it with a little red dot. Very fetching, don't you think?

So you see, you CAN have a weatherproof casing and a wide angle adaptor at the same time! ;)
wah, I thought the red dot was PSed, then where did u get that red dot? Smashing RD's toy? Sounds cool, let me figure out how to torture my A70. :p

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
if want to transfer photos need to tear out all the tapes?
Maybe he only taped the front

It's a clamshell design, so I simply avoided taping up the joints. Here's the Ixus having an out-of-body experience, taking a picture of its own external shell. How existential.

clamshell.jpg

The Leica logo was found with Google Images, downloaded, printed onto photopaper, cut out and stuck to the camera with scotch tape.

http://www.hochschulgolf.de/turniere/idhm/idhm2000/images/leica_logo.gif

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: You are great :thumbsup: Later Leica wanna fine u S$100000000000000000000 for using their logo.

Can you organise a MO for this Leic@ prototype? I'm very interested in it.
Especially the weather sealed feature. As for the Red Dot, not very important but still nice
to have. :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Red Dawn
uhmm....i dun see any bokeh..... :D :devil: :angel:

got la. it's called BO-bokeh (don't have bokeh) :D

nice work there on the Leica/Nikon/Canon... StreetShooter, now, if you would only gladly try it out UNDERwater.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.