LEICA and "Sensor-Lebra" (corrosion) M9, M-E, M-Monochrom

My M9 had the sensor issue. Leica offered me upgrade to M240 for $5600 also. Price of M240 is about $11800. If I get the M9 repaired, the problem might crop up again. If I upgrade to M240, hopefully will not have similar issues, and it's a new 2-year warranty. Is it worth? What do you guys think?

I won't "upgrade" cos I much prefer M9's colors ("CCD look"). I am with Ashwin Rao: From-the-leica-m9-to-the-leica-m240and-back-to-the-m9-by-Ashwin-Rao/

(and I am quite sure the M9's sensor will get corroded again in not too distant future :devil: )

I'm more concerned about the problem cropping again. No brainer to stay with M9 if they can confirm they have a permanent fix.

Heard Leica is committed to fix the sensor over 10 years span of the camera life. Not sure how true is that.

It's great if that's true. Just hoping they can find a permanent solution.

Queue for the free sensor replacement by Leica is currently till September....=x

Yeah trade in for a m240 with a top up of 5600...not really that worth it

Yeah trade in for a m240 with a top up of 5600...not really that worth it

My M9 just got replaced last Dec I have not checked again hopefully it will last for a year or so... really like the M9 even if some of my friends asking me to move to M240...

Not sure if other country like HK got better trade in offer lolz?

Last edited:
Love the images the CCD sensor produces..so. Much like Kodak film

amen to that bro

17814827218_467b78c9af_b.jpg

16674799077_eaaf81d5e2_b.jpg

but not saying m240 don't have such image signature... I just like older stuffs lolz I also like the rendering of older lenses compare to newer more clinical feel and look.

Anyways I OT again later our beloved Mod will banned me back to the topic....

Hope Leica would be able to find the fix for the corrosion if not hope could get a better deal for M240 hehe