Legal to use images on website?

blackdrakes

Sep 26, 2007
sg
Hello everyone,

I just want to check because i can't seem to find information about this anywhere.
Is it legal to use images of a product that i am selling on my website but the images are taken from the internet (AMAZON)?
My supplier has given me the images but i need higher res images so is it okay for me to take it from amazon?

Thanks!:)

why not shoot it yourself ?

Hello everyone,

I just want to check because i can't seem to find information about this anywhere.
Is it legal to use images of a product that i am selling on my website but the images are taken from the internet (AMAZON)?
My supplier has given me the images but i need higher res images so is it okay for me to take it from amazon?

you can ask the product manufacture to supply you the photos you want.

Hello everyone,

The short answer is NO.

Hart

why not shoot it yourself ?

hi, i have too many products and it's for a online shop so i do not hold stock.
shooting each product is out of the question.

you can ask the product manufacture to supply you the photos you want.

My supplier does not have the high res images, i was instructed to just take it off their website.
im just wondering, who has the rights of the image of a product?
The photographer of the product or the manufacturer of the product or both of them?

My supplier does not have the high res images, i was instructed to just take it off their website.
im just wondering, who has the rights of the image of a product?
The photographer of the product or the manufacturer of the product or both of them?

a simple answer to your question.

when you shoot photos for you own, you own the photos.
when you shoot photos for others and get paid for it, they own the photos.
when you shoot photos for selling, give buyers permission for using with a fee, you still own the photos, they get limited rights to use.

you just take photos off from other people site and use without permission, considering stealing, don't need a person with law degree to tell you this is right or wrong.

and if you are using on your website only, why you still need high resolution? and how high is the resolution you needed for your website?

a simple answer to your question.

when you shoot photos for you own, you own the photos.
when you shoot photos for others and get paid for it, they own the photos.
when you shoot photos for selling, give buyers permission for using with a fee, you still own the photos, they get limited rights to use.

you just take photos off from other people site and use without permission, considering stealing, don't need a person with law degree to tell you this is right or wrong.

Thanks! That was the answer that i was looking for.
Trying to not break any laws while setting up my site.
Heard of some IP cases recently. haha

and if you are using on your website only, why you still need high resolution? and how high is the resolution you needed for your website?

It's not really high-res, i just need about 900px square.
it's for a zoom in feature for the product. :)

Join Amazon Associates and you're legal to use their images.

How about using images for BnS?

How about using images for BnS?

If you mean Clubsnap's Buy and Sell forum - also cannot.

And if you are a commercial entity selling, you must register with clubsnap as an advertiser IIRC.