legal compensation

d2xpeter

Deregistered
Dec 6, 2012
singapore
based on a hypothetical question that if one day you work beyond the official office hours in your company's premise and the ceiling collapses on you.

Will the company be liable? on the ground that you are not supposed to work beyond your official hours as stated in the employment contract or otherwise?:sweat::bigeyes:

What would you want to do with all the money after the ceiling has collapsed on you? :bsmilie:

What would you want to do with all the money after the ceiling has collapsed on you? :bsmilie:

just hypothetical lah....exploring the law lah.

and if you hide under table, just like in an earthquake, might not die ma.

take for example an employee of Starbxxx were to stay back after her official work hrs for some hanky panky business and the ceiling of that particular room collapses on her. Will Starbxxx be liable to pay compensation?

It is not the employer's fault that the ceiling collapse leh... i mean the employer will buy insurance for the employee, and can claim on the insurance, but ultimately it is the building management that will get it due to the building being an unsafe environment. If the building is owned and maintained by the employer, then the employer will have to compensate...

At least that's what i think... LOL

$h!t happens, why give lawyers the $$$

based on a hypothetical question that if one day you work beyond the official office hours in your company's premise and the ceiling collapses on you.

Will the company be liable? on the ground that you are not supposed to work beyond your official hours as stated in the employment contract or otherwise?:sweat::bigeyes:

If the ceiling collapses on you, I am sure they will burn a lot of money for you to use in the underworld :bsmilie:

It is not the employer's fault that the ceiling collapse leh... i mean the employer will buy insurance for the employee, and can claim on the insurance, but ultimately it is the building management that will get it due to the building being an unsafe environment. If the building is owned and maintained by the employer, then the employer will have to compensate...
There is a slight difference between management and ownership .. and then again.. even the owner might not the one paying, but the construction company who did something wrong, or the authority who approved the usage without finding the faults (ok, unlikely ..).

If the ceiling collapses on you, I am sure they will burn a lot of money for you to use in the underworld :bsmilie:

Or burn proper workplace / office so it won't happen again there.. (where would you go if it did) :bsmilie:

At least that's what i think... LOL

Hmmm, even if you are not an employee, should an accident happen within a premise, the Public Liability policy kicks in. As to whether you can claim under workmen compensation, that is another thing that need to establish. That is my 2-cent opinion.

Oh wow! This thread is created before the JEM ceiling collapsed...

Did d2xpeter know something that we don't??

:eek::eek::eek:

He was there doing some hanky panky business after work hours :bsmilie:

take for example an employee of Starbxxx were to stay back after her official work hrs for some hanky panky business and the ceiling of that particular room collapses on her. Will Starbxxx be liable to pay compensation?

If it is not her job scope and her boss didn't ask her to stay back for hanky panky business, then the company is not liable to pay compensation :bsmilie:

TS, worker's compensation insurance should take of it.

If it is not her job scope and her boss didn't ask her to stay back for hanky panky business, then the company is not liable to pay compensation :bsmilie:

THAT is exactly the point i am trying to bring across! The company could argue that she is not supposed to be there in the first place.

The hanky panky vibrations caused by her might hv caused the collapse. LOLLL

The JEM collapse proved that this could happen.

aiya, nowadays these type of things very common in singapore liao.
like bro bukittimah said, mrt got problem, trees fall, aye flooded once in 140yrs!!! LOLL, etc etc

Any hypothetical guess today might become a reality tomorrow! Who knows?