left or right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkchua79

Jan 19, 2005
just wondering,is an slr built for right handed? then left handed how?

i thought of that too..lefties will just hv to live with all the inconveniences.:(

any left handed with difficulties shooting?

i'm a lefty. just adapt.

all the better 'cause my right hand learn new skills.

i have a friend who's a left hander too, he said you'll get used to it after a while..

i believe cos the left hander market is not big enough for them to justify producing a new line of cameras...? just a guess..

I either use a wired remote (most times).

Or I turn it upside down (truely) and use my thumb to trigger.

I am not strictly left handed (had to adapt to it after an accident put my right in plaster 18months).

I ended up with no feeling in my right fingers and as such can't feel the shutter button.

Cheers:)

I either use a wired remote (most times).

Or I turn it upside down (truely) and use my thumb to trigger.

I am not strictly left handed (had to adapt to it after an accident put my right in plaster 18months).

I ended up with no feeling in my right fingers and as such can't feel the shutter button.

Cheers:)

too bad but mi whole body like losing feeling too. like my body v empty one. very mild sense of touch, taste and smell.wonder wats wrong?maybe knock my head before. been wanting to go for a checkup

call ned flanders to open a leftorium in sg then.

Its ok la I also use my left hand to zoom and Focus, not to mention all those buttons on the left of the body. Human are good at adapting to diversities, thats why we can survive till now ;p

leftie here(or south paws some call us)

only problem is strength wise, cant hold the camera as steady i believe.

but other than that perfectly fine. in fact being left handed, i find that i can zoom even faster!
but i am so used to it, i think even if a leftie camera comes out, i wont get it, since i have already adapted!

pentax lefties should be quite happy, their mode dial is on the left:thumbsup:
found it easier to manipulate when i tried out my friend's K100d

i think photography it doesnt really matter which hand you use, other than some slight discomfort because of the weight bearing down on my weaker hand, i discovered that as a result, my right hand naturally grew stronger!

350D with sigma 18-200 with BG(school's set up) imagine that on my weak hand!(not as heavy as some of your other setup though):devil:

use 3rd party batt grip which has both capture buttons :)

I'm right-handed, but left master eye. The positioning of the view-finder window is more critical for me.

just wondering,is an slr built for right handed? then left handed how?

Then you ask this guy... ;p
gallery.htm
kr320.jpg

http://www.kenrockwell.com/about.htm
Scroll all the way down and you will see the 2nd last section about the left handed camera. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.