Left Handers Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDer

Feb 17, 2002
Digital Age
www.pbase.com
since most camera are built with the shutter button on the right side on the camera, its easy to control and snap or right handers.
so, out of curiosity..how do left handers hold the cameras? or are there special cameras built for the left handers?

just a little mini test...for right handers, try to hold a "invisible" camera with both yr hands in the air, except that the shutter button is on the left side..how do u feel?

:confused:

can train one.

but i think i saw someone's avatar here in CS, holding a camera the left handers' way.
is there really a left hander camera?

AMDer said:
but i think i saw someone's avatar here in CS, holding a camera the left handers' way.
is there really a left hander camera?

please lah.... quite obvious these people using a mirror to take a self portrait right? :bsmilie:

I hate to say this..but you should have realised the problem when u start to read and write from left to right.

Most things in the world are designed for right handers like our SAR 21 no left handed weapon :bsmilie:

if the 1st ever camera I've ever handled was in such a position, I won't have any problem to it. Then your post would be "Right hander's camera?". Some cameras are already hard to sell by itself, imagine trying to sell off an unpopular camera and it's a LEFTY.

Ken Rockwell and his one of a kind left handed Nikon F100... it's a prototype when Nikon was considering the production of this camera for southpaws.

kr320.jpg

I'd say current SLR design suits lefties better than righthanders (lefty myself). I'm holding most of the weight on my left hand and doing the fine zooming and focussing work on that hand. The right hand is only for pressing the shutter button!

Hi,

I am also left handed, with most things.
I use the Canon 20D and have a remote control in my left hand.

It works well for me.

Cheers.

sorry to OT but i'm curious why some of us are left handed and some right handed? any reasons? Is it that we're born with a preference to right handed(majority of us) or we are taught since young?

AMDer: sorry if u find it offending for me to pop this question :embrass: . Let me know i'll remove it.

cast123 said:
sorry to OT but i'm curious why some of us are left handed and some right handed? any reasons? Is it that we're born with a preference to right handed(majority of us) or we are taught since young?

AMDer: sorry if u find it offending for me to pop this question :embrass: . Let me know i'll remove it.

I think it is something got to do with the brain. Left brain control rigth hand and rigth brain control left hand. So if your left brain is more develope, your master hand will be rigth and vice versa. :confused:

cast123 said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handedness

There are a number of theories why some people are left-handed. I say it's all in the brain.

I'm perfectly fine living as a left-hander in a world of right-handers. I get a kick out of identifying people who are also left-handed! ;p

cast123 said:

Hi, I was born right handed.
Due to an accident, my right arm was in plaster for 18 months so I learned to be left handed.
Though I am able to use my right hand (have been able to for many years), I am predominately left handed.

Throw a frisbee right hand and catch with left :bsmilie:

Cheers. :)

tks for the info, i learnt something new today :thumbsup:

CS is a good place to learnt new things apart from photography :bsmilie:

If I had a left-handed camera to use right now, I doubt I can use it well. ;p It's all a matter of getting used to stuff.

Now trying to learn nitouryuu (two sword style) though, take photos with one camera in each hand. :bsmilie:

Picture53.jpg

He's using a
nikon.jpg
brand camera.

I'm right handed, but I think I was supposed to be left handed because my left hand is stronger than my right... and my hand writing sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.