Left-handed camera body

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerald

Dec 17, 2007
Bukit Gombak
www.xbklhub.com
Was wondering that will it be not as convenient for those left-handed ppl or left-master-eye ppl to use the current camera bodies? As all the camera need the right hand to press the shutter.

Will it be possible that the manufacturers come out with a symmetrical design that puts the shutter and control buttons on the left side, for the left-handed ppl?

Just my crazy thoughts, pls comment! :angel:

Was wondering that will it be not as convenient for those left-handed ppl or left-master-eye ppl to use the current camera bodies? As all the camera need the right hand to press the shutter.

Will it be possible that the manufacturers come out with a symmetrical design that puts the shutter and control buttons on the left side, for the left-handed ppl?

Never tot of that....:think:
May be or may be not.....
If they manufacture a camera just for left handed...
I think will that will cost more....and is not a cost saving for them too...
If they can clear their stock... that will be worse.... 

Anyway....
Myself I'm a left handed, so far I'm quite OK using my right hand to press the shutter button as my left hand to zoom in or out.... I using my right eye for the viewfinder.
I also dont know "why"....

May be since day 1 started using camera all the shutter is made on the right side..
so is just naturally get used to it liao...:sweatsm:

Sometime I felt is a bit stress for left handed in the world of right handed...
cos all the design is only for left hander.....:cry:

Never tot of that....:think:
May be or may be not.....
If they manufacture a camera just for left handed...
I think will that will cost more....and is not a cost saving for them too...
If they can clear their stock... that will be worse.... 

Anyway....
Myself I'm a left handed, so far I'm quite OK using my right hand to press the shutter button as my left hand to zoom in or out.... I using my right eye for the viewfinder.
I also dont know "why"....

May be since day 1 started using camera all the shutter is made on the right side..
so is just naturally get used to it liao...:sweatsm:

Sometime I felt is a bit stress for left handed in the world of right handed...
cos all the design is only for left hander.....:cry:

Think of it this way.. it's easier for you to press the lens release button. ;p

Possible? Sure. Likely? Not very.

But no problem. We left handers are much more adaptable and flexible than our right handed peers ;p Not that we have a choice...

There are things that I really like / need to be left handed, such as mouse (ambidextrous design is OK, right "ergonomic" is not, left ergonomic is sweet revenge on the rest of the world), can openers, guitars. Others I can live with.

Think of it this way.. it's easier for you to press the lens release button. ;p

Actually it makes it much easier to zoom and manual focus...

I remembered why I came out of this idea.

My 80-200mm lens i weighs more than 1.5kg, plus the 400D body and grip, it's quite an stamina exercise when shooting handheld. Since the weight will mainly be supported by my left hand, which's holding the lens, sometimes I really feel tiring as my left hand is weaker. Since the shutter release pressing is not that power demanding, it would be great that the left hand to deal with the shutter and my right hand will support the heavy lenses. :D

So to speak, the current camera body design is actually more friendly to left-handed ppl! :D

this camera,
you can press the shutter release button with either your right hand or left hand index finger.

hasselblad501cm.jpg

But you still have to advance the film using your right hand...

I remembered why I came out of this idea.

My 80-200mm lens i weighs more than 1.5kg, plus the 400D body and grip, it's quite an stamina exercise when shooting handheld. Since the weight will mainly be supported by my left hand, which's holding the lens, sometimes I really feel tiring as my left hand is weaker. Since the shutter release pressing is not that power demanding, it would be great that the left hand to deal with the shutter and my right hand will support the heavy lenses. :D

So to speak, the current camera body design is actually more friendly to left-handed ppl! :D

Yup. I'm left handed. My stronger hand supports the weight of the lens and most of the body, definitely more stable. Only irritating thing bout left master eye is in army when must use deflector.

The only left handed camera I ever saw is this nikon at
http://www.kenrockwell.com/

You need to remember market share. If only 10% of the population is left-handed, then you're going to invest R&D and QA time for small sales? Not likely.

think you are better off training your left hand by joining a gym than looking for a left handed camera. will cost you alot.

as for eye, i am right handed but left eye focus. no problem at all. very easy to scratch nose as it is very near to the thumb.:bsmilie:

Possible? Sure. Likely? Not very.

But no problem. We left handers are much more adaptable and flexible than our right handed peers ;p Not that we have a choice...

There are things that I really like / need to be left handed, such as mouse (ambidextrous design is OK, right "ergonomic" is not, left ergonomic is sweet revenge on the rest of the world), can openers, guitars. Others I can live with.

Actually it makes it much easier to zoom and manual focus...

A left-handed fren just lamented this last nite.

"We live in a right-handed man's world."

and now looking at this thread, I understand his plight.

Mouse, guitar, door knobs, writing composition and a whole lot of list..

Yup. I'm left handed. My stronger hand supports the weight of the lens and most of the body, definitely more stable. Only irritating thing bout left master eye is in army when must use deflector.

Not with the SAR21. Deflector? What deflector? Use your right eye!! ;p

Not with the SAR21. Deflector? What deflector? Use your right eye!! ;p

:confused:use right eye all bobo! even with SAR. btw alot of SAR the scope is not zeroed properly one. Even tho they say its no need to zero.

:confused:use right eye all bobo! even with SAR. btw alot of SAR the scope is not zeroed properly one. Even tho they say its no need to zero.

They spew rubbish lor.. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.