Leeching is cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylus C34

Jun 29, 2003
Visit site
Find it sort of amusing,

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=178563

I remember seeing threads complaining about our photos being hotlinked or leeched to forums like sggirls, hardwarezone etc. Everyone starts talking about protection, ethics blah blah.

But when we hotlinked photos from other sites, without giving credits nothing, all I can see is "wow very nice pictures", "fantastic", "awesom"...

Isn't it kinda contradicting? Or this rule applies to gals photos only? Your views?

p.s Not targeting anyone, just for discussion purposes. :think:

Think you misunderstood the meaning of leech.

well.. it's is common mentality to protect my stuff but if i occassionally infringe on others it's ok. :dunno:

what is the meaning of leeching as we know it ?

I think it only applies to gal pics hotlinked to sites of ill repute. If your landscape pics were linked to leica's forum would you complain?

reno77 said:
I think it only applies to gal pics hotlinked to sites of ill repute. If your landscape pics were linked to leica's forum would you complain?
I would sue for a leica system :)

reno77 said:

depands who link my pix, if it is linked by leica themself I'll get my lawyers to complain to them :bsmilie: :bsmilie: This will ensure more public exposure for my pixs and at the same time can sue for at least a D2X :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Kill 2 birds with 1 stone ;)

But what about people snapping your photos secretly and posting it up in forums? From one forum, people leech it to other forums... You knew of it from your friend. What can you do about it?

lil_princess said:
But what about people snapping your photos secretly and posting it up in forums? From one forum, people leech it to other forums... You knew of it from your friend. What can you do about it?

The correct way is to go after the person who took your photo in the first place.

lil_princess said:

suck thumb... cos dun even know who took it... ;p

anyway, your those pics are considered candids lah, so copyright belongs to photographer... unless i shoot you knowingly, then u said that i should not post & share, happen so leaked, den u can shoot me. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.