Lee filters setup

sfoto100

Nov 29, 2009
Hi

I thought to write some silly things here regarding Lee filters... I guess the gurus here will laugh at it for sure...

I visited the Lee website and i still could not figure out how one should start with Lee filters... in the sense of what should one buy ...

i managed to get an answer today by visiting Cathay Photo...

one should get:

1. Lee foundation kit - which is just the filter holder.. what a confusing name.. $122
2. adaptor ring for your lens, like 77mm 58 mm etc.. $94
3. the filter itself , GND, ND... whatever u like... each GND cost $172

it is so costly...

hope it helps someone who wishes to start with this good range of filters

I once thought of moving to LEE filters from my cheapo Cokin set due to color cast.

After I found out the costs. I am happy to stay with Cokin and remove my color casts in PP.

LEE just cost too much for the average hobbyist.

Hi

I thought to write some silly things here regarding Lee filters... I guess the gurus here will laugh at it for sure...

I visited the Lee website and i still could not figure out how one should start with Lee filters... in the sense of what should one buy ...

one should get:

1. Lee foundation kit - which is just the filter holder.. what a confusing name.. $122

it is so costly...

i would substitute the first 2 items with Cokin; much cheaper than getting from LEE, and then use LEE GNDs (P-type). For ND and CPLs, I'll still stick with B+W screw-on filters.

Hi

one should get:

it is so costly...

If you really hard up, ask just the Digital Starter kit ard $400 + WA Adapter ring (77mm $94 to 82mm $106) If not wait patiently in B&S for a good deal. There was one went for only $270 3 weeks back

Hi

one should get:

it is so costly...

Try to find in the used markets if you dun feel good forking out this much of money.
But quality comes with price.. if u want it, u got to pay for it :)

And things like this will be snapped up pretty fast as they are popular among landscape photographers (i waited 3 months for 1. to arrive) and have to buy GNDs used becos CP (the only store that carries in SG) ran out of stock and i can't bear with the wait..

If you really hard up, ask just the Digital Starter kit ard $400 + WA Adapter ring (77mm $94 to 82mm $106) If not wait patiently in B&S for a good deal. There was one went for only $270 3 weeks back

i'll wait for your lee set at this price spock...;) enjoying the tianya set i got from you!:thumbsup:

i'll wait for your lee set at this price spock...;) enjoying the tianya set i got from you!:thumbsup:
Ha ha ha, need to wait very long my fren for the Lee cos I'll stick to it for a while yet. Good to know you like the Tian Ya so do post some photos for viewing, yah

Ha ha ha, need to wait very long my fren for the Lee cos I'll stick to it for a while yet. Good to know you like the Tian Ya so do post some photos for viewing, yah

will do, am still sorting out my shots... shy to post yet, still a noob in landscape...:)

when you're done discussing Lee filters ....... can post up your travel photos taken with these Lee filters ?

otherwise TS please move this thread over to Reviews and General Discussion section can ?

when you're done discussing Lee filters ....... can post up your travel photos taken with these Lee filters ?

otherwise TS please move this thread over to Reviews and General Discussion section can ?

ok i will move this to Reviews and General Discussion if no one post any photos taken with Lee filters within a week, is that ok?

i guess i have post this in the wrong place... sorry...

I once thought of moving to LEE filters from my cheapo Cokin set due to color cast.

After I found out the costs. I am happy to stay with Cokin and remove my color casts in PP.

LEE just cost too much for the average hobbyist.

Hi

Do you mind to share how to remove color cast with PP?

Hi

Do you mind to share how to remove color cast with PP?

Depending on the software used. In PS, I use the black grey white drippers in curves. In Lightroom, the dripper can be used on any white or black area. Same procedure when adjusting WB.

Depending on the software used. In PS, I use the black grey white drippers in curves. In Lightroom, the dripper can be used on any white or black area. Same procedure when adjusting WB.

tks alot.. i will go and try it out to see what you mean... i know too little about PS...

i cannot justify the cost of lee filters. or singh ray.

i will stick to tianya until i get very rich.

i cannot justify the cost of lee filters. or singh ray.

i will stick to tianya until i get very rich.

don't worry brother, u will get rich ... i never dare to underestimate young people.. especially students :)

agree..get tianya filters...holders or adaptor ring can get either tianya or cokin