LEE BROTHERS Photography Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
mind nudging us in the right direction? I'm interested too.
Cheers

Hmm ... what would you like to know? And why? ;) I'll see if I can help.

I am sorry I never hear of them before ?? :embrass:

I came across the late Lee Lim FRPS ... :)

Feinwerkbau said:
Because i'm an old ah pek with nothing better to do than to stalk the Lim Brother descendants. ok i was kidding. really.

I'm interested in portraits and I'll like to see some of their works.

Feinwerkbau said:

Feinwerkbau, Blimmer,
... how are you related? ;)

I was almost expecting a blank response to this post. ..

Based on my ballpark calcuations of what must have been the 10-15+ children each of the original Lees (Tit Loon, Tat Loon and Shui Loon - the Father and uncles of the proprietors of Lee Brothers) who came to Singapore had... there are probably 500++ people in Singapore and the region who are distantly related already.

I figure some of them must still be interested in Photography... and I'm looking to say hello...

Background for other clubsnappers:

.... Between 1875 and 1935 (some later) the different members of the extended Lee clan cumulatively had 20++ studios all over SE Asia ... and probably the biggest retail store of its time (Wah Heng), way before Cathay Photo was born.

OK, 'HELLO'! :D

Seriously, I'm related in some way :confused: , but you'll have to check with my Mum about details - if you can ever get her to agree to meet with strangers. She popped by one day and showed me the copy of the book that Gretchen gave to her, and along with that visit was a colourful recount of some of my family's history - of which I remember almost nothing! :bsmilie:

how sad! you remembered almost nothing. for posterity's sake, pls request your mum to repeat it and you to record them.

Feinwerkbau said:

Seriously, I'm related in some way :confused: , but you'll have to check with my Mum about details - if you can ever get her to agree to meet with strangers. She popped by one day and showed me the copy of the book that Gretchen gave to her, and along with that visit was a colourful recount of some of my family's history - of which I remember almost nothing! :bsmilie:

Feinwerkbau said:

I never appreciated its significance either ... but after gretchen's book, it made me curious... and boy, what a journey's its been since.

reachme2003 said:
how sad! you remembered almost nothing. for posterity's sake, pls request your mum to repeat it and you to record them.

Yes, it is exceedingly sad. One of the things lacking in today's modernity is a value and respect for the past - our building blocks, and what made us who and what we are today. Thanks for your suggestion - I shall take it to heart.

When my relatives first learned of my interest in photography many years ago they were intrigued - was it nature, or nurture? Because up until that point no one had bothered to tell me about the past.

Keltzar said:
When my relatives first learned of my interest in photography many years ago they were intrigued - was it nature, or nurture? Because up until that point no one had bothered to tell me about the past.
interesting, never really thought it could be genetically coded
all my uncles have an interest in photography but its still film for them

blimmer said:
interesting, never really thought it could be genetically coded
all my uncles have an interest in photography but its still film for them

something must be wrong with mine... maybe u are suggesting that i was picked up from the streets... :bsmilie:, cos my mom & dad after repeated explanation, got no idea wats shutter, wats aperture, and i surrendered and ask them to use AUTO instead of P...

ehz brud i didnt say that dont put words into my mouth haha
realised i only mentioned my uncles? as for my aunts i rather not say too much :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.