Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercool

May 20, 2009
DSC_0051.JPG

1.In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, pp & the feel it gives in this pic

2.What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Feeling of someone is leaving away from you.

3.Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I always wanted to take a path like this with someone at the end.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I personally like the angle, feel someone is leaving and the path.

Last edited:
bigger picture please.

here a strong point would have been symmetry.

it is not perfectly symmetrical , or near, cropping will solve the problem, crop off more of the left. for me, i would crop off that glint of highlight on the right as well.

nice attempt at a leading line, but whatever it leads to is blocked by foliage. a few seconds earlier, when she was unblocked, would improve this photo by a lot.

here a strong point would have been symmetry.

it is not perfectly symmetrical , or near, cropping will solve the problem, crop off more of the left. for me, i would crop off that glint of highlight on the right as well.

nice attempt at a leading line, but whatever it leads to is blocked by foliage. a few seconds earlier, when she was unblocked, would improve this photo by a lot.

Thanks for valuable advices. I admit that I have a problem with cropping. Still dun know where to crop.:):):)

More comment and advice please......

My Interpretation:

Composition

1. The lighter color path in the foreground, the foliage at the top and centre right is taking away attention of viewer.

2. Lower the camera position and a step to the right for better perspective

3. The light-tone path on the foreground can be crop off, too distracting after a while

Post Procession

1. I feel that the colour is a little dull and slightly over expose

2. Could use some saturation to it

Feels of the Photo

Seriously, this image feels like a stalker is going to strike at that mini skirt lady. You can see she is still happily playing with her hair which shows that she is not unhappy or in a rush.

But it is still quite nice to capture someone in that candid position at the end of the road. :D

My Interpretation:

Composition

1. The lighter color path in the foreground, the foliage at the top and centre right is taking away attention of viewer.

2. Lower the camera position and a step to the right for better perspective

3. The light-tone path on the foreground can be crop off, too distracting after a while

Post Procession

1. I feel that the colour is a little dull and slightly over expose

2. Could use some saturation to it

Feels of the Photo

Seriously, this image feels like a stalker is going to strike at that mini skirt lady. You can see she is still happily playing with her hair which shows that she is not unhappy or in a rush.

But it is still quite nice to capture someone in that candid position at the end of the road. :D

Thank you very much for explain in details. I really appreciate of your C&Cs. Try to do some PP follow by your suggestion. :):thumbsup:

Feels of the Photo

Ha ha, different people really have different thoughts on same photos :)
anyway, my suggestion will be trying to slightly crop away the top part (leaves)

I like the composition, generally.

Ha ha, different people really have different thoughts on same photos :)
anyway, my suggestion will be trying to slightly crop away the top part (leaves)

I like the composition, generally.

Thanks Shen. After I crop away the top part (leaves) as you advice, its more nicer :thumbsup:

Personally I do feel that the leaves at top gives much depth and texture to the image.
instead, its the brighter leaves on bottom left that is distracting and I will leave out when shooting.

The lady does not work at all. if its an old lady with a walking stick instead then we're in business..lol:)

I would have composed from ground level so the path will lead the viewer to the subject.

Since you're new into photography (I guess), it's quite a nice shot. :D
There's framing and you played with lines.

I think if the women step back a little and is in-line with the drain, it can portray that the line leads to the women. The wooden pillar can be a framing too.
On top of that, a tighter crop would minimise the underexposed area.

This is my point of view, don't know about others.

Status
Not open for further replies.