Leaving items in dry box

hopecount

Jun 16, 2008
Jurong
Hey guys!

Got some enquiries on dry box storage.

1. Is it okay to leave my battery and sd card in my camera when I put it in the dry box?

2. Is it okay to leave my camera inside the dry box for extended periods without taking it out?

1. I did that. Will just throw everything in. So far no problem.

Its all okay. enough said. can close thread already. cheers. have a great sunday.

Should not have any issues.. but for me i will remove the battery from the camera.. battery still in the cabi. Once in a while still have to on your camera.. electronic stuff you know... But that only my personally point of view..:)

Yup I suggest to at least take out the battery from the camera. Though I have not heard of cases of Camera battery leaking so far, the AA batteries in my flash leaked previously and spoilt the flash.

Yup I suggest to at least take out the battery from the camera. Though I have not heard of cases of Camera battery leaking so far, the AA batteries in my flash leaked previously and spoilt the flash.
Camera batteries are Lithium Ion. Then don't leak, they burst into flames of Oxygen gets into them.

TS: Have you ever seen any warning on chargers, cables, cards and other items saying "do not exposed reduced humidity"? Secondly, the target humidity for dry boxes is 45-55%, which resembles average humidity for the moderate climate zones as you can find in US, Europe and Japan. (That's the reason why people in those areas don't need any dry boxes / dry cabinets). So why should it have any negative effect on your equipment? Last but not least: dry boxes and dry cabinets are meant for long term storage for equipment when not used.

Last edited:
Octarine said:
Camera batteries are Lithium Ion. Then don't leak, they burst into flames of Oxygen gets into them.

TS: Have you ever seen any warning on chargers, cables, cards and other items saying "do not exposed reduced humidity"? Secondly, the target humidity for dry boxes is 45-55%, which resembles average humidity for the moderate climate zones as you can find in US, Europe and Japan. (That's the reason why people in those areas don't need any dry boxes / dry cabinets). So why should it have any negative effect on your equipment? Last but not least: dry boxes and dry cabinets are meant for long term storage for equipment when not used.

Mmmm I see. So by that it's okay for me to be lazy and leave my memory card and battery in the body during storage uh =D

Mmmm I see. So by that it's okay for me to be lazy and leave my memory card and battery in the body during storage uh =D

Yes... leave everything there as long as your humidity control is right and please do check your dry cabinet once in a while... plus you are using a dry cabinet right and not a dry box? You know, dry box are those with silica gel? If it is a dry box, then you need to check your silica gel once in a while to see if they have reach the maximum amount of liquid that can absorb.

Oh... and please do not tune your humidity level to be too low or your rubberise portion of your cam might be affected.

Technically you can. But don't forget to recharge the battery / free space on the card in the evening before the shooting / event.