Leave it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epia

Oct 14, 2004
Singapore, Simei
zelcadence.org
Hi, just curious.. do you leave your lens (any lens) on your camera 24/7? Or seperate the lens from body everytime after shooting?

I left it on after losing one of the rear lens cap :eek:

It's all up to you.

I leave mine on too. Been doing it as far back as I can remember with all my SLRs and now DSLR. I have my general kit lens on all the time now. So if I need to shoot something quick...just grab and shoot. I seldom would need a long zoom for shooting as you tend to look around tings nearer to you. I find the kit lens is the right one to use 90% of the time. And also since it fits my shooting behavour it is great since dust will have less means of getting onto my CCD due to my less frequent need to change lens or putting one on or off.

nope when i keep in the dry cam.....yes if it is in my sling.... no if its in the bagpac...

Yep, I leave a lens on always when not in use. The kit one as the camera bag was set up for it when I first got the camera.
Other lenses are in a different bag. :)

when shooting, there is always a lens on it... even when it is in the bag... in the dry cabinet, anything goes...

the air in the body will not be circulated or exchanged and the inside of body will become mody. So better remove the lens from body one in a while.

epia said:
Hi, just curious.. do you leave your lens (any lens) on your camera 24/7? Or seperate the lens from body everytime after shooting?

I usually just leave whatever lens I was using on the body and keep it in my drybox :)

Hmm tnks guys... kinda concern about the mody part.. maybe I'll just seperate the body parts when put in dry box.. haha :thumbsup:

i seperate them in my drybox as i have different spaces to keep lenses and bodies.

also makes me choose which lens i want to take out and use that day.

showtime said:
when shooting, there is always a lens on it... even when it is in the bag... in the dry cabinet, anything goes...

haha...who doesn't have a lens on when shooting :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :blah:

hmm...ok just kindding..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.