learning the ropes

Status
Not open for further replies.

incubus

Nov 3, 2004
galaxy far far away
www.shahrulazmi.com
got up early dis mornin and went out to shooooooot. some of my better looking pics..
how do u achieve the DOF? (focused subject, blur background) is it juz by arpeture alone??
comments/tips/critics welcomed

14709CLvert2_filtered.jpg

14709clean1.JPG

14709clean3-med.JPG

14709clean4-med.JPG

14709clean3-med.JPG

got up early dis mornin and went out to shooooooot. some of my better looking pics..
how do u achieve the DOF? (focused subject, blur background) is it juz by arpeture alone??

14709clean1.JPG

14709clean3-med.JPG

14709clean4-med.JPG

14709clean3-med.JPG

Good one! Like the second pic.... Durian climbing!!! :bsmilie:

These cleaners do their job early in the morning?

There were some topics on bokeh on other threads. Perhaps do a search. Good tips from sulhan!

thanks
nah, was out from 1030 am, by the time i reached esplanade it was ard noon, went to benjamin sheares brdg den ended up at esplanade rooftop by abt 1400. the had lots of fun cleaning it.

Not just the aperture. Distance from the lens to the subject and the focal length play a part as well. :)

1 and 4 are certainly interesting. I think you can make something out of 2, but the Swissotel building in the background is very distracting.

How did you get that close? What focal length did you use?

like the last 2... maybe u can back a little to reveal the entire building and the man... really nice. :D

incubus said:

I like the first pic very much. Just thought if you can crop away the top part, that is, the Raffles City, that will bring the objects (the cleaners) be really the focal point, without distraction.

Just my 2-cents worth of suggestion. :)

Back to your question of DOF - whether controlled by aperture alone. Think there are several factors, including subject distance. In this case, you are probably using long telephoto, background will be of more or less the same sharpness as subject 'cos both of them are considered to be in the same 'distance zone' to the lens. Anyway, the shots are impressive and captures the labour and danger involved in keeping the durians clean. Well done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.