Learning Moments Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Capture The Spirit of Learning!

Welcome to the world of learning - The Learning Moments Photography Competition. You do not have to be a professional photographer to participate. All you need is a digital camera, a keen eye and a fast draw!

What is a "learning moment"? It is that definitive photograph that shows the spirit of learning. Yes, think about a baby taking his first step, or mum learning the ins and outs of Peranakan cooking to start her own catering business, or grandfather sending out his first email.

Remember, learning is all around you. It is not confined to the classroom. Send us the picture that best captures the spirit of learning and tell us why.

We want to see learning through your eyes!

Organised by Computer Times and supported by the Ministry of Manpower, the competition is from April 9 through May 21 2003. Fabulous prizes await the best.

http://www.learningfest.com.sg/photocontest/photocontest.html

must be a digital camera one ah? :(

how about a film cam and burnt to a CD for uploading

Originally posted by plsoong
must be a digital camera one ah? :(

how about a film cam and burnt to a CD for uploading
i don't see why not... all that matters is uploading the digital file up to the website for submission. there's nothing to stipulate in the T&C that you can't use film and then scan.

but just to draw attention to all members though...
"18. The copyright to all submitted photographs shall belong to the organiser and the Ministry of Manpower who reserve the right to use any or all of the photographs in any form of promotion and advertising including public display, newsletters, Web sites and event promotional material without any compensation to the photographer."

Originally posted by Larry
i don't see why not... all that matters is uploading the digital file up to the website for submission. there's nothing to stipulate in the T&C that you can't use film and then scan.

but just to draw attention to all members though...
"18. The copyright to all submitted photographs shall belong to the organiser and the Ministry of Manpower who reserve the right to use any or all of the photographs in any form of promotion and advertising including public display, newsletters, Web sites and event promotional material without any compensation to the photographer."

Hmm thought it's usually the case that the organiser keeps the copyright? Anyway, the prize seems cool enough.

Originally posted by chyeo
Hmm thought it's usually the case that the organiser keeps the copyright? Anyway, the prize seems cool enough.

Not really.
What organisers are looking for are the rights to use the images for whatever purposes they wish. But taking the copyright is a much simpler process for the organisation.

I do know that I'd never join a contest which takes away your copyright immediately upon joining. I might consider a contest if they stated that they'd require the winners to sign over the copyrights (only the winners). But then, that's just me....

Originally posted by ckiang
Capture The Spirit of Learning!

Welcome to the world of learning - The Learning Moments Photography Competition. You do not have to be a professional photographer to participate. All you need is a digital camera, a keen eye and a fast draw!

What is a "learning moment"? It is that definitive photograph that shows the spirit of learning. Yes, think about a baby taking his first step, or mum learning the ins and outs of Peranakan cooking to start her own catering business, or grandfather sending out his first email.

Remember, learning is all around you. It is not confined to the classroom. Send us the picture that best captures the spirit of learning and tell us why.

We want to see learning through your eyes!

Organised by Computer Times and supported by the Ministry of Manpower, the competition is from April 9 through May 21 2003. Fabulous prizes await the best.

http://www.learningfest.com.sg/photocontest/photocontest.html

Hey Guy!

pls check this line " All you need is a digital camera" for this "The Learning Moments Photography "
I think we can not use film to scan in right???

Status
Not open for further replies.