learning jazz piano...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work in Yamaha (just resigned in dec and gone on to teach in a secondary school), and personally took the Jazz course :)

You need to have at least a classical grade 3 in order to take the Jazz course. ;)

Or, if not classical grade 3, other relevant experiences in learning piano.

Basically Jazz piano is not easy if you are classically trained and have not been exploring other styles of music.

Hmm.. don't know what else to tell you.. you can ask me any questions in pm or here.. i took jazz for almost a year & i'm already teaching for classical piano :lovegrin:

my bad.. they have changed the pre-requisite to grade 1 piano.. which means that you already have to know what is do-re-me and can read notes...

if you have problem reading notes and playing fluently.. its going to be quite a struggle.. to be frank..

Then i'd rather you take a pop piano course instead.. then subsequently switch to jazz.. :lovegrin:

jazz piano..wohoo..difficult... other than the technical side to it, must really feel the music to be a really good player... if anyone wants to form a jazz band a need a drummer come find me ah...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.