Learn Photography at The Photographic Society of Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Yee

Feb 13, 2004
www.fotopassion.com
New courses for Conventional Basic Photography Course and Digital Basic Photography Course have been scheduled. It is time to take up some course to help you in your path to greater photography. The courses are open to anyone who are keen in photography.

There are a wide range of courses conducted at the Society, including Travel & Creative Photography, "What Do I shoot For?" workshop, Studio Lighting Course, Fashion Photography, Glamour & Nude Photography, Black&White Darkroom Technique and the list goes on.

You are welcome to visit www.pss1950.org to check on the schedule, or email to pss1950@singnet.com.sg or call 63343361 for enquiries.

Upzz for PSS...

Well conducted courses at affordable prices. What is to to wait for.. Hurry! :thumbsup:

More hands on for the basic course would be good. :) attended it but felt too much theory except for the outing :)

The basic course comes with an outing in the day where the participants shall hands-on and acquire sufficient skills to handle most situations, and also comes with a night outing to tackle night photography.

The course is conducted by 5 different instructors, which is a bonus as you will get to learn the different style and experience.

myloplex said:
More hands on for the basic course would be good. :) attended it but felt too much theory except for the outing :)

Hehe... Hands on in courses is not so useful. If you want hands-on, go shooting with your fellow course mate or DIY. Better that way as class is too big and instructor not possible to teach everyone.

i think for beginner, it's good to attend such courses, get u started off in the right foot. subsequently, have to shoot and shoot to improve.

i think PSS has reduced the class size to 20pax max, right steven??

Yup, The max per class is 20. :bsmilie: But usually it is about 12 to 15 per class. We need that quantity to do something, which you will know when you join the class. When the class is too small, we cannot do many things.

Photography is not just about theory, but to get the theory right, and then go to shoot shoot shoot.

The biggest tragedy for a photographer is not to have photographs!

hey, i recommended some friends who already signed up for the next PSS basic class,....got brownie points for me or not??? like if i accummulate enough, then can have some discount on other courses?? ;p

I don't know...... as metioned before, PSS is one of those that help to org. photo contest but did not help to protect photographer's copyrights. I've invited anyone from PSS to reply to those therads but still no comments.

For me, I'm not too inclined to intro them to others. This is a personnal thing and I'm looking at them as a whole and not the diff people who may run diff sections of PSS.

yqt said:
I don't know...... as metioned before, PSS is one of those that help to org. photo contest but did not help to protect photographer's copyrights. I've invited anyone from PSS to reply to those therads but still no comments.

For me, I'm not too inclined to intro them to others. This is a personnal thing and I'm looking at them as a whole and not the diff people who may run diff sections of PSS.

What do you mean by never protect photographers' copyrights? PSS also organise world class events like ClickArt and Month of Photography.... if PSS don't protect/respect photographers' copyrights, then i doubt they can hold such events....

Well, PSS is a non-profit organisation with the aim to promote photography as a people's art. The aim of organising Major shows like Photo&Imaging Asia Show and Clickart is to promote photography among the masses.

With regards to copyright issues, I have to take a look at the threads previously uploaded.

PSS, like most photography organisation, is not a legal entity and is not able protect the copyrights of the photographers. The copyright of the images belong to the photographers and they have the right to sought legal expertise in cases where they feel their rights have been abused.

PSS has organised talks on Copyright issues and IP laws in year 2003 conducted by Dr Foo Check Teck of NTU, one of the experts on IP issues.

Hope this clarifies.

yqt said:

my friends are all new to photgraphy, they just wanna learn to take nice photos, and enjoy the process .... that's all.

if u perceived that the organiser of a contest that is not protecting the photographers' copyright, then don't join.

Status
Not open for further replies.