LCD with Natural Colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimfire

Jun 24, 2006
Sorry guys about the earlier thread. There were some technical problems with my PC.

Well my question is I wish to upgrade to a LCD screen. As there are so many LCD models out there it can be quite confusing. Can someone advice me on the spec for a good LCD panel to buy with good natural for viewing photographed images likes landscape, interior, models and product shots. Thanks for your Help:confused:

as well, if you are particular about colour, you might want to look at options for profiling the monitor :)

If you have the budget, the best monitors are probably from Eizo and NEC's IT Professional range but they are certainly costly.

If you have the budget, the best monitors are probably from Eizo and NEC's IT Professional range but they are certainly costly.

Do you mind my interruption. Are LG range of LCD Monitor good for photographic usages. What will you recommend if i am going on this specific brand range. No budget issues. Pls advise.

Do you mind my interruption. Are LG range of LCD Monitor good for photographic usages. What will you recommend if i am going on this specific brand range. No budget issues. Pls advise.
The ones that I use at my previous office are the LG 2000C. Good for graphic design and photo editing. :)

My budget is about $400 or less.

with that kind of budget, you can aim for a samsung or LG LCD monitor. Phillips definitely within range but not sure about image quality.

acer or dell also can.

what size are you looking at? below $400, i think the largest u can get is 20" wide.

The ones that I use at my previous office are the LG 2000C. Good for graphic design and photo editing. :)

$499 at the IT show
:)

Sorry guys about the earlier thread. There were some technical problems with my PC.

Well my question is I wish to upgrade to a LCD screen. As there are so many LCD models out there it can be quite confusing. Can someone advice me on the spec for a good LCD panel to buy with good natural for viewing photographed images likes landscape, interior, models and product shots. Thanks for your Help:confused:

If you were using Aperture Grille CRT tube like Sony G series, you'll be greatly disappointed by the cheap 20"/22" LCD that are flooding the market. most if not all are using TN panel that have narrower viewing angle, fade out black and unnatural color...etc. color profiling can only do so much, it can't magically transform the inferior TN to the benchmark--the AG CRT tube that all display are judge from.

the TN panel might be good enough for web browsing, office apps, gaming...but for photo editing and viewing, they are not up to to task. try at least VA panel, either MVA or PVA. most decent 24" LCD are using VA panel, price >$800. IPS are rare cause they cost more, usually use on the hi end model like 30".

expensive don't always means good but good thing usually don't comes cheap. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.