LCD screen protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

akszaksz

Going to get myself a 500D this friday.
1st time going to own a SLR.

Just some newbie question, does it comes with a screen protector?

If no,
can anyone advise where can i find a shop selling screen protector in AMK central or TPY Central.

Thanks~!:cool:

If you are geting it in AMK, just get it from MS Color. They also sell screen protectors.

thanks, is it located inside or outside AMK HUB?

There's a sub-shop inside, but for cameras, go to the one outside near the S11 foodcourts at Jubilee.

you can try purchasing GGS screen glass if you like, i just started using them, and they beat the hell out of plastic screen protectors.

i am extremely anal about getting scratches on the screen protector itself. :bsmilie: so instead of replacing the protector every half a year, i thought just spend a bit more money, pay one off charge for something that will last a while.

you can try purchasing GGS screen glass if you like, i just started using them, and they beat the hell out of plastic screen protectors.

i am extremely anal about getting scratches on the screen protector itself. :bsmilie: so instead of replacing the protector every half a year, i thought just spend a bit more money, pay one off charge for something that will last a while.

how much is that for a 3" of 500D?

i don't know where to get it in singapore, nor do i know the price.

i got mine here through ebay uk.

i remember someone i know got it a few years back at camera workshop, penin. you can call them to ask if they have it, and the price.

ebay uk , ships to singapore:
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/GGS-LCD-Scre...igital_Camera_Accessories?hash=item4148aadde7

$8.85

seller looks legit, i'd go for it if you have paypal account, and want this.

please note that this is glass, and uses 3m tape.. once you apply it, if you try to take it out because of wrong application, you will crack the glass for sure. it will not shatter, but it will just crack, because it works like windshield glass.

this is the cheapest i can find using ebay singapore, no local sellers.

i got my 2.7" or 2.8" for k20d (they custom cut for every camera model) for 5 pounds here.

:thumbsup: for GGS! Best screen protector I've ever used!

If you buy online will probably cost you around 15.

I bought from OP, which cost me 30, but they installed it for me.

ebay uk , ships to singapore:
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/GGS-LCD-Scre...igital_Camera_Accessories?hash=item4148aadde7

$8.85

seller looks legit, i'd go for it if you have paypal account, and want this.

please note that this is glass, and uses 3m tape.. once you apply it, if you try to take it out because of wrong application, you will crack the glass for sure. it will not shatter, but it will just crack, because it works like windshield glass.

this is the cheapest i can find using ebay singapore, no local sellers.

i got my 2.7" or 2.8" for k20d (they custom cut for every camera model) for 5 pounds here.

Thing about ebay is shipping and handling. That is actually where most of the profit is from. If you see S&H, it cost 3.99+2.99 -1 = $6 USD more.
Total come up to around $17 SGD.

Look in mass sales, there are quite a number of people selling in mass sales. I got it in OP due to convenience (getting something else there) and they install it beautifully on mine. I have butter fingers sometime so I do not want to risk it.

And for some models, like my D90, the screen protector is 2 piece, one for the 3" main LCD and a small one for the top LCD.

Thing about ebay is shipping and handling. That is actually where most of the profit is from. If you see S&H, it cost 3.99+2.99 -1 = $6 USD more.
Total come up to around $17 SGD.
hrm, how c ome when i select, it says free shipping to singapore? :dunno:

anyways, i wonder how much it costs in singapore..

oh, i don't really mind a bit of misalignment, not everything needs to be 100% anyways. mine is maybe 0.5% off but after a while in photography, you realise that you don't need 100% clean sensor, you don't need 100% clean lens front element.... :bsmilie:

Consider the GGS protector, definitely worth the money, tough protective surface and easy to clean.

Installation is pretty straight forward, compared to those conventional LCD screen protector, no air bubble problems and messy alightment as well.

Consider the GGS protector, definitely worth the money, tough protective surface and easy to clean.

Installation is pretty straight forward, compared to those conventional LCD screen protector, no air bubble problems and messy alightment as well.

yep. just that no room for error. but then again, lcd screen protector also no room for error.

just that if you spoil one, is $2. ggs you spoil one is at least $12.. :)

yep. just that no room for error. but then again, lcd screen protector also no room for error.

just that if you spoil one, is $2. ggs you spoil one is at least $12.. :)

The GGS itself is a piece of glass, I dont think one would spoil it while fixing onto the camera, unless you....I cant think of a way haha.

The GGS itself is a piece of glass, I dont think one would spoil it while fixing onto the camera, unless you....I cant think of a way haha.

if you misalign, you cannot reapply it as many times as you want.

once it's on, it's on. to take it out, you will spoil it, and have to buy a new one. :)

just stating the facts.

I like Martin Fields!

if you misalign, you cannot reapply it as many times as you want.

once it's on, it's on. to take it out, you will spoil it, and have to buy a new one. :)

just stating the facts.

You're right, once firmly on, no way back. I remember reading the paper manual, on the camera LCD screen backlight before you fix it on, start from corner, done. But I do notice on the side of the 3M tape, specks of dust can stick onto it, nothing too serious though.

hrm, how c ome when i select, it says free shipping to singapore? :dunno:

anyways, i wonder how much it costs in singapore..

oh, i don't really mind a bit of misalignment, not everything needs to be 100% anyways. mine is maybe 0.5% off but after a while in photography, you realise that you don't need 100% clean sensor, you don't need 100% clean lens front element.... :bsmilie:

ebay man... sometimes its a farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.