LCD screen protector, Martin fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
Just curious I wonder where you guys get your LCD screen protector?

I used to use Martin Fields from DOML all these while until recently I got lazy and bought a $10 protector from Mscolor, 2.5" for my E330. Recently, I found that I have a tiny scratch on my LCD screen black bevel edge outside the display area. The 2.5" protector only covers the display area.

I decided to bring my camera down to DOML and they custom made the protector to each model so it covers the ENTIRE LCD glass, border and display area perfectly.

They can custom cut protector to fit any shape and camera model. Cost I think $17. Well worth it I feel as martin fields screen protector the material is very good and no adhesive left behind, and but of all, custom fit to your LCD screen.

www.doml.com.sg

I am not related to DOML but I haven't find any LCD screen protector that is as good. If you guys know of one, tell me cuz DOML is really out of the way and the parking is horrendous there.

actually the parking now good liao... cos they are at chinatown area, then the chinatown market under renovation, so the parking is very empty...

just went there last week to install a screen protector.

but depends on your camera... if your screen is big, might not be only 17, i got 1 about 4" screen covered, about 25 bucks...

Wow doml customises protectors?

ya lar. The bigger screens are $25. My sony u8g and epson P3000 all $25.

But the best thing is that they customize the screen protector to cover every mm of the screen. Even for rare devices like epson P3000 which I bought from US.

They also cover the secondary status LCD for cameras like my old s3pro.

But so much renovation.... dunno whether the building stable or not.....

They should have a branch somewhere lah.

But the best thing is that they customize the screen protector to cover every mm of the screen. Even for rare devices like epson P3000 which I bought from US.

Bro, can post a pic how it looks like?

I use 'Exim SPUC' screen protector i bought from Ebay & i think it's the best i've ever used before. Have not tried this Martin Field.

Martin Fields is very well-known among handphone/PDA(Phone) users because it is thin (does not reduce screen sensitivity when used with stylus) yet offers superior protection. But the price of $25 a piece may be hard to swallow for some of us. I bought one for my PDA phone and has not regretted it :thumbsup:

Just curious I wonder where you guys get your LCD screen protector?

I used to use Martin Fields from DOML all these while until recently I got lazy and bought a $10 protector from Mscolor, 2.5" for my E330. Recently, I found that I have a tiny scratch on my LCD screen black bevel edge outside the display area. The 2.5" protector only covers the display area.

I decided to bring my camera down to DOML and they custom made the protector to each model so it covers the ENTIRE LCD glass, border and display area perfectly.

They can custom cut protector to fit any shape and camera model. Cost I think $17. Well worth it I feel as martin fields screen protector the material is very good and no adhesive left behind, and but of all, custom fit to your LCD screen.

www.doml.com.sg

I am not related to DOML but I haven't find any LCD screen protector that is as good. If you guys know of one, tell me cuz DOML is really out of the way and the parking is horrendous there.

How does this improve the images captured by the camera's sensor?

How does this improve the images captured by the camera's sensor?

Firstly, for my E330, it makes my live view LCD brighter and sharper so I can compose better and feel more creative :)

Secondly, it protects my camera's LCD and so allows me to sell my camera more easily and upgrade to a BIGGER and BETTER camera. And we ALL know that BIGGER and BETTER camera improve the images captured.

Wind30 - do you know if they also customise sizes not just for martin fields, but also other brands of protectors? I generalyl prefer the thicker and matt/anti glare types rather than the thin clear types.

Firstly, for my E330, it makes my live view LCD brighter and sharper so I can compose better and feel more creative :)

Secondly, it protects my camera's LCD and so allows me to sell my camera more easily and upgrade to a BIGGER and BETTER camera. And we ALL know that BIGGER and BETTER camera improve the images captured.

Ah ... sor ....

actually, quick question, how does adding another layer of film makes things brighter and sharper?

Upgrading is GOOD!

The cheapest LCD screen protectors I think can be found at Daiso IMM, $2 each and come in various sizes.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have been using V-kool film. (the one used on car windscreens). I got if for free. I just picked up those they threw on the floor. You can cut it to fit any LCD screen, furthermore it protect the screen from fadding thru ultra violet. :D:D

Is this martin field screen protector similar to the conventional thin film screen protector, except that it also covers the entire area outside the screen.

OR

Is it similar to the da protector, which is made of thick hard plastic?

Thanks

Shd be the first one.

Is this martin field screen protector similar to the conventional thin film screen protector, except that it also covers the entire area outside the screen.

OR

Is it similar to the da protector, which is made of thick hard plastic?

Thanks

I have been using V-kool film. (the one used on car windscreens). I got if for free. I just picked up those they threw on the floor. You can cut it to fit any LCD screen, furthermore it protect the screen from fadding thru ultra violet. :D:D
As the V cool is tinted,Wouldn't this reduce the brightness and affect the actual colour on the screen? If it does then you sure got alot of PP to do on all your shots to get the correct exposure and colour etc :think:

Eh. i bought mine from MScolour also 2.5Inches. Couldn't completely cover the screen, but at least the majority of the screen was covered. still no scratches :)

Status
Not open for further replies.