LCD screen go blank when i touch it

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusader

Aug 4, 2007
hi guyz, im beri new to photographic, be be gentle on me :sweat:

i juz got a brand new cannon 400D, e LCD go blank when i accidently touches it. is tis normal?

Thank You!!!!!!

maybe you're on "preview" and it so happens when u touch the screen, the preview time is over? try checking that out. if you aren't then go get it checked out. LCD screens arent made to black out.

cheers.

erm.. or do you know there's a sensor below the view finder and when something is near it'll black out the screen to save power as the camera assume the you're taking pics and looking thru the view finder.

i juz got a brand new cannon 400D, e LCD go blank when i accidently touches it. is tis normal?

Thank You!!!!!!

oh.. my cousin use this camera. that guy is right about that sensor. 400D got this function. it is quite good that it saves power. but it is really normal.

oh.. my cousin use this camera. that guy is right about that sensor. 400D got this function. it is quite good that it saves power. but it is really normal.

I think idea is not to save power, but to turn the display off automatically when you are composing a picture, so the glare in the LCD doesn't disturb you. It's a proximity sensor, not really a touch sensor, IIRC.

I think idea is not to save power, but to turn the display off automatically when you are composing a picture, so the glare in the LCD doesn't disturb you. It's a proximity sensor, not really a touch sensor, IIRC.

Yes u're right. It's a proximity sensor so it'll activate when an object comes within a certain distance from the sensor. That explains the LCD being turned off on the 400D.

tkq all ........ so i guess my LCD is oike :lovegrin:

i gueSs i wil eNjoY my sTayZ heRe wif aLl e helpful bro n sis to assist mi........ :)

Thank You!!!!!!

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: You are so funny! Please go and read the manual. Can't you see the sensor on top of the LCD screen? Have you wonder why Canon bother to give you the manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.