LCD Pixel Hell at SLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk_online

Jul 29, 2003
I bought an LCD Monitor lately from SLS's Cyberm*nd, the one opposite Triple A.. paid for it but upon request for a test.. They wont allow me to, said if anything wrong can just bring back within 3 days..K, fine with me

After a 2 nights of testing,.. I spotted a bright blue pixel on my screen, I brought my LCD to the retailer the next day before evening after calling the shop and a guy i dunno who told me i can come down & change.

Upon inspection at the shop, the dot had evolved into another color, which is dim red,

the monitor seems perfectly okay with black color background , but red dot is visible for other color backgrounds..the old guy said they do not cover such dots, only "white bright dots" that appear on black bg, say only 3 faulty pixels then can change and ask me to wait for 2 more to pop up then change with samsung, he went on waving the warranty card in front of me highlighting the "Zero Bright Dot" text.. I sense he do not want the trouble of exchanging themselves..

Feeling cheated, I argued with him that the pixel is not dead. I requested for a test with a standalone system without the splitters, THEN.. somehow I spotted it,dim blue with a black bg. I called Samsung,explained.. they say i am entitled for a 1 to 1 exchange.. and that IT IS A BRIGHT DOT

Then i READ the manual.. for my model, warranty covers 0 "bright" dots, 3 "Black" Dot

Bright Dot - Red/Green/Blue/White - appears as pixels that are always on
Black Dots - appear as pixels that are always off..

Still after much reasoning, the retailer refused to change for me, saying samsung's warranty doesnt count as he deal with his distributor only..

1.) They promised me 1 to 1 exchange in case of problems during sales.. wont allow me to test..

2.) Gave lies about their warranty policies, ie: definition of bright dots/black dots..

3.) With Samsung representative's explanation, he still refused to grant me the exchange..

------------------------------------
Went to Samsung today.. they promised to deliver to my house for 1 to 1 exchange as they do not hv ex stock..
----------------------------------------
I am buying 2 power systems tommorow from SLS, 1 for my company & 1 for myself.. total about $4,000.. CYB*RMIND IS NOT getting my business EVER..
--------
Just sharing my experience with u all, test your LCD's before buying.. these kind of snakes would come up with all sort of excuse to evade your 1 to 1 exchange.. :angry:

you poor thing.
i agree with you, cybermind staff are quite lazy to entertain after sales problem.

i had a big problem when my hdd failed... end up they made it so inconvienient for me that i have to go to the agent direct.

damn them. thats the last they had of my biz too.

I have problems with my computer screen as well.
When I view a white background or something of a monotonious colour mixing with other colours, Darker and lighter strips appear on my computer screen. It is definitly not the display problem beacuse i have tried other displays on the comp and the results were the same. What I am trying to say is that how can I cure the problem of have some colours appearing darker and some lighter ( in strips across the screen ) ??? Its been giving me lotsa trouble since some colours become very unreal when viewed...

By right you should test the set on the spot, I normally insist on 1-1 exchange on the spot after testing since if I'm making a purchase, it should be defects free, hot pixels or not, an anomally is a defect, and I should get a new set.

If after prolong usage I get a dead pixel of course, there's nothing you can do since the warranty states very clearly.

For Cybermind... and others... they smile when doing transactions, after sales is totally another matter...

fevernova said:
I have problems with my computer screen as well.
When I view a white background or something of a monotonious colour mixing with other colours, Darker and lighter strips appear on my computer screen. It is definitly not the display problem beacuse i have tried other displays on the comp and the results were the same. What I am trying to say is that how can I cure the problem of have some colours appearing darker and some lighter ( in strips across the screen ) ??? Its been giving me lotsa trouble since some colours become very unreal when viewed...

I think your video card is screwed, when both my gfx cards fan stopped (TNT2 Ultra & GF2 MX), the exact symptons as you mentioned appeared.

sk_online said:
I bought an LCD Monitor lately from SLS's Cyberm*nd, the one opposite Triple A.. paid for it but upon request for a test.. They wont allow me to, said if anything wrong can just bring back within 3 days..K, fine with me

After a 2 nights of testing,.. I spotted a bright blue pixel on my screen, I brought my LCD to the retailer the next day before evening after calling the shop and a guy i dunno who told me i can come down & change.

Upon inspection at the shop, the dot had evolved into another color, which is dim red,

the monitor seems perfectly okay with black color background , but red dot is visible for other color backgrounds..the old guy said they do not cover such dots, only "white bright dots" that appear on black bg, say only 3 faulty pixels then can change and ask me to wait for 2 more to pop up then change with samsung, he went on waving the warranty card in front of me highlighting the "Zero Bright Dot" text.. I sense he do not want the trouble of exchanging themselves..

Feeling cheated, I argued with him that the pixel is not dead. I requested for a test with a standalone system without the splitters, THEN.. somehow I spotted it,dim blue with a black bg. I called Samsung,explained.. they say i am entitled for a 1 to 1 exchange.. and that IT IS A BRIGHT DOT

Then i READ the manual.. for my model, warranty covers 0 "bright" dots, 3 "Black" Dot

Bright Dot - Red/Green/Blue/White - appears as pixels that are always on
Black Dots - appear as pixels that are always off..

Still after much reasoning, the retailer refused to change for me, saying samsung's warranty doesnt count as he deal with his distributor only..

1.) They promised me 1 to 1 exchange in case of problems during sales.. wont allow me to test..

2.) Gave lies about their warranty policies, ie: definition of bright dots/black dots..

3.) With Samsung representative's explanation, he still refused to grant me the exchange..

------------------------------------
Went to Samsung today.. they promised to deliver to my house for 1 to 1 exchange as they do not hv ex stock..
----------------------------------------
I am buying 2 power systems tommorow from SLS, 1 for my company & 1 for myself.. total about $4,000.. CYB*RMIND IS NOT getting my business EVER..
--------
Just sharing my experience with u all, test your LCD's before buying.. these kind of snakes would come up with all sort of excuse to evade your 1 to 1 exchange.. :angry:

Exactly the same as my Case!! I bought my 15" Samsung 152x at Cybermind. The old man told me that I cannot do a on spot test but can change if got prob. I only discover a dim green dot at top left on the sixth day. I went back to cybermind and explained the uncle. He said he cannot see it and two salesgals together with one young man also cannot see the dot. I was pissed and kicked up a big fuss saying that I have shorted sighted also can figure it out in no time. In the end , he told me he would change for me or I go directly to Ban Leong distributor. I told me I had all the time I can wait, he can take his own sweet time. After abt fourth day still no reply from cybermind, I called them up and the old guy told me it has already been changed except he lost my HP number.. :angry:

So My guess is that, you have to be firm and loud in such cases like that. I dun give any body face... Guess I am pretty lucky.. :sweatsm: that was end of last Nov...
:eek:

I trust Superpet and nothing but Superpet

maybe Fuwell

these two are the best in SLS

Superb service

Why say CYB*RMIND?
Cybermind means Cybermind lah.
True story noneed hide names.

I don't go that shop anymore anyway.
Don't like the after sales attitude.

Oh, well...just bought a Samsung 172X from 'em 3 days ago...
I guess it was the same mid-age guy tat served sk_online. I did ask to test on the spot, but he suggested me to go home & test at my own time. Since testing on the spot will forfeit the 3 days 1 to 1 exchange policy. Somemore the LCD panel needs sometimes to sort of "run-in" before the anomalies pop up... :eek:

So far, the LCD is in top notch condition, no dead & bright pixel... :sweat:
Eventho there will be some eventually, I hope I dun have to kick up so much fuss...:p
Somemore its just a few dots...Unless u really stick ur nose onto the screen, no big deal, at least for me...
There no perfect LCD just yet...Unless u pay premium for it...

Anyway, its my 1st time buying from 'em, hope it will be a pleasant one... ;)
So far from most of the shops tat I patronized in SLS, I've only blacklisted 1...Tat's Vide*Pr*... ;(

Under the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act, which is coming into effect this March, you do have the avenue to bring an action against the shop for "unfair practice", one of which was a false representation amongst others.

cheers!

vince123123 said:
Under the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act, which is coming into effect this March, you do have the avenue to bring an action against the shop for "unfair practice", one of which was a false representation amongst others.

cheers!

But most of us 'normal' consumers don't want to take that route. We want to buy and use, as fuss free as possible.

For this reason, the reputation of the shop matters a lot. The profit margins of the shops are actually already quite thin, and the prices are more or less the same within a few percent. When word of reputation gets around (either good or bad), it will make or break a shop. When i want to get an item, and the prices are about the same, i will definitely head for a shop with a better rep.

I totally agree, but sometimes a threat like that will make the shop get in line quite quickly.

In any event, someone should foward the link to this thread to cybermind so that they know they cannot continue such practices (assuming that its true). also a good idea to cc this in hardwarezone :)

ST1100 said:
But most of us 'normal' consumers don't want to take that route. We want to buy and use, as fuss free as possible.

For this reason, the reputation of the shop matters a lot. The profit margins of the shops are actually already quite thin, and the prices are more or less the same within a few percent. When word of reputation gets around (either good or bad), it will make or break a shop. When i want to get an item, and the prices are about the same, i will definitely head for a shop with a better rep.

vince123123 said:
I totally agree, but sometimes a threat like that will make the shop get in line quite quickly.

In any event, someone should foward the link to this thread to cybermind so that they know they cannot continue such practices (assuming that its true). also a good idea to cc this in hardwarezone :)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?threadid=678815&forumid=&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Status
Not open for further replies.