LCD got dirty by oily nose...any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerald

Dec 17, 2007
Bukit Gombak
www.xbklhub.com
When looking through the viewfinder, with either left eye or right eye, the nose will be pressing on the LCD panel of my 400D. When the nose is oily or sweaty, the LCD got very dirty and I need to wipe and wipe and wipe whenever I saw the dirty marks on it...

Any one has the same problem and kind of solutions about that? :)

One more question: when shooting, any conventional rules about which eye to use? Left or right?

...there's no way to keep it 100% clean

you won't look at it A LOT anyways

i mean, it's just to check exposure, you should know what your picture is going to look like once you press the shutter, unless it's sports etc, in which case.. you won't look at it at all, to be honest, shoot first and talk later

alternatively, you can just dump this body and get one with live view and you won't ever have to put your nose to the viewfinder. i think viewfinder >>> any lcd anyday though

You can try to wipe your nose first,
or some people use those LCD hoods to cover the LCD. I've never thought of using it for this purpose before :)

Dont really have much choice. Put on a LCD protector and wipe it. I do know of some eyepiece extender type of stuff exist which you can also try. Else as some say, get one with life view and use it to compose lol. I tried it but due to the weight of the DSLR, it really isnt a feasible idea most of the time.

The eyepiece extender for Canon will reduce the image on the VF instead of magnified it. And you will be like looking thru a tunnel on the VF with a smaller image which make MF very difficult.

Another solution for u if you dun wan to dirty your LCD is to gaffer your nose :bsmilie:

I suppose the lcd question is pretty much answered..
As for the eye.. If you notice, your right hand presses the shutter button, and theres a little space on the camera's back to put your thumb. IF you use left eye, den the thumb will be pressing your right eyeballll:bigeyes:

get an eye piece extender then...

get an eye piece extender then...

When looking through the viewfinder, with either left eye or right eye, the nose will be pressing on the LCD panel of my 400D. When the nose is oily or sweaty, the LCD got very dirty and I need to wipe and wipe and wipe whenever I saw the dirty marks on it...

Any one has the same problem and kind of solutions about that? :)

One more question: when shooting, any conventional rules about which eye to use? Left or right?

haha... i have the same problem as you. using any eye will also dirty my 40d lcd... esp when the lcd so big. but it dosent really bother me la... just wipe off the oil with my shirt lor.

regarding which eye to shoot, can read this: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348448

you won't look at it A LOT anyways

you are wrong!
for 400d u'll have to look at it most of the time since u adjust all the settings using that LCD.. haha

unless u always use 1 single settings ans shoot all the way la..

Status
Not open for further replies.