LCA tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthusalami

Jan 25, 2007
YCK
hello

for all people who own lca. jus wondering if you guys have any tips to share? like that we can learn from one another.

jus wondering how do u all judge focus range. cos my agaration skills sucks. photos everytime dam blurrr.

do you set ur ASA speed according to ur film speed?

do u follow the shutterspeed of the lightmeter?

tricks and tips for lomo LCA camera......1). use a purple or orange or blue sun shade and place it over on the lens when taking photos....the out come will be like cross process photos.

2)during day time adjust the apecture to the smallest. f16....and .ASA same as the film speed... the outcome will be more dark at the four corners of the photos.

3)Roll the film to the next frame. then depress only half the release button...at this point
you will be able to close the lens cover....hold the release button half way down and at the same time close the lens cover to half then depress the release button further to take a shot...the out come will be the photos will have a dark areas on top and bottom...very holga look alike....

LCA tips and tricks .......
1) Get a black tape and cover 50% of your lca lens. complete all of the roll of film. Push the rewind button(small button at the base of the LCA) and hold and rewind all the way back to the beginning of the roll, take the black tape and cover the other half of your lens and........ You have your split image with perfect fusion in your lca .

2) shoot on something bright in the center of the frame..for eg. shoot on some bright reflection of some object position at the center or shoot at a light source like the lamp on the table or shoot at the sky and position the Sun at the center of the frame......the out come will have a dark deep Vignette effect at the four corner or the photos. Shoot straight towards artificial light sources to get strange colors to your lomographs. This absinthe green color propably comes from energy saver fluorescent lamps. best get a FUJIFLIM film for more green effect

3)before loading the film at the back, paste two strip of black tape on top and bottom of the Frame at the back.........the out come will be photos looks like a movie with wide-screen effect.(letter box effect)

4)before loading the film at the back,apply some dust on the sticky side of the transparent scotch tape and paste the scotch tape around the frame at the back,best is to cover all over the frame. may use a yellow magic pen to colour some part of the scotch tape. load up a roll of film and complete all of the roll of film ......the out come will be like an old vintage photos effect.

5)If you don't have Horizon camera? That'a all right my friend. Just use your LCA do the swing lens panorama photo. shoot frist photo normaly, roll the film to next frame, push the film lock botton, roll back a little bit(around1/4 round),frame the pic a little be overlap with your first shot and SHOOT!!. that it!! remember one important thing. "shoot it from left to right".

My tips is slightly different.
1. Always set to Auto (A-mode)
2. Always set distance to infinity.

Reason:
Dun think or worry too much on aperture, so A mode is the best.
Unless you are pretty close to subject, most of the time, infinity is good enough. If you want to range focus, 1 big step is about 1 to 1.2m, this will make agaration easier.

tips and tricks on LOMO LCA

switch the focus lever to the closest, 0.8m then get a magniflying glass and place it on the lens or you can intact the magniflying glass on the lens and take a shot....and the outcome....... here you are a D.I.Y. close-up Macro effect on your LCA. try to take some close-up shots of tiny insect like the ants or houseflies.

switch the apecture lever to Auto(A)mode .If you put your finger over the light meter, you can get really cool night shots with a long exposure. No flash. The only problem is holding it still long enough to get that glow. I eventually moved to putting it on a tri-pod with flat black photo tape covering the meter. It takes patience but in the end it is worth it.

Get ready with a piece of folded thicker small paper. Insert your new roll of film into your LC-A. Close the door with attaching the small paper up or bottom the door. Make sure the door can close with that paper. If the door cannot close, stop pushing it again. This will spoil-up your lovely LC-A. Take out the paper and make it thinner. Try again and make sure the door can close. After that, finish the whole roll. On the results, if you are lucky, not just only you'll see the light-leaking effetcs, you'll also see the unexpected double-exposure from the 1st till maybe 7th frames. Why it becomes like that? Because the door has been already close but the film stil not tight enough to roll in. This is Unexpected Multi-Exposure. Have a good try!!"

wah, super power evil sect techniques.

ahh nice responses~

Wow! Very very good tips we have here~

Didn't know there's so many tricks to play with!
Will try when have chance :lovegrin: :heart:

Thanks alot Beautifulblood~!!! :thumbsup:

LCA tips and tricks .......
1) Get a black tape and cover 50% of your lca lens. complete all of the roll of film. Push the rewind button(small button at the base of the LCA) and hold and rewind all the way back to the beginning of the roll, take the black tape and cover the other half of your lens and........ You have your split image with perfect fusion in your lca .

very interesting

i asked the same question b4.. but no answer yet

how do u make sure that u dun roll ur film all the way into the canister and that u be able to reshoot at the exact same spot?

i heard from my fren that u fold the film or something like that

wah....... Beautifulblood are you an insider from lomography.com? :sweatsm:

very interesting

i asked the same question b4.. but no answer yet

how do u make sure that u dun roll ur film all the way into the canister and that u be able to reshoot at the exact same spot?

i heard from my fren that u fold the film or something like that

if its the same cam maybe you can try to put a small alignment mark on the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.