lc1 auto closing lens cap mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaschan

Dec 30, 2002
Visit site
stuck the lc1 onto screw ring instead, for easy removing

(didnt want to screw up the threads on the lx1 by trying to jam the lc1 on the camera, because the threads are plastic)

had to sand down lc1 to make it thinner, and then stuck some foam pads on the lc1 to ensure no vignetting.

Note: at max zoom, it seems like as though the lens flaps are covering the lens. but there is no vignetting at all.

flash not blocked, AF illuminator not blocked either, and retains comfortable fit into the lx3 casing.

check it out:

DSC_6271.jpg

DSC_6272.jpg

DSC_6273.jpg

DSC_6274.jpg

DSC_6277.jpg

Last edited:
bought in japan, but they sell here at ms color, shd be abt 30 bucks....

Nice Mod :)

how did you sand down the LC-1 lens cover and stuck it to the ring?
what materials did you use to sand it?
what glue did you use to stick it to the ring?
and what sort of foam tape did you use?
Do you think we can purchase an extra ring?

Thank you in advance for answers!

Last edited:
i juz got my lc1 but haven't mod.

But i've got an idea for an easy mod.
Buy those double-side tape wif thickness de (those for sticking on a hook to be pasted on the wall to hang thing like towel)

I'll go try it

IMHO, i feel that the foam tape is not really a good measure.
When in wide-angle position, the foam maybe in tight pressure from the lens body. And in tele mode, the flaps may be too close.

I did this mod, a 6~6.5mm plastic, stick on the right position will prevent all this + pushes the flap wider.

33439049.jpg

hmmm... My LC-1 mod is the Best... :cool: :embrass: I am making another batch of 3 pieces for sale... Check my post... hehe..

Click here for LightNPixels's MOD LC-1 on LX3 available for sale if you are keen.

1. Save the ring as you no need to glue your LC-1 there...
FYI.. the Panasonic Lens front Ring cost $18.39 before GST.

2. Mod LC-1 will covered the Lens Front Ring. Looks like original too.

Last edited:
hmmm... My LC-1 mod is the Best... :cool: :embrass: I am making another batch of 3 pieces for sale... Check my post... hehe..

LightNPixels's MOD LC-1 on LX3 available for sale if you are keen.

1. Save the ring as you no need to glue your LC-1 there...
FYI.. the Panasonic Lens front Ring cost $18.39 before GST.

2. Mod LC-1 will covered the Lens Front Ring. Looks like original too.

Curious... how are you sticking the LC-1 on the LX3? Glue/tape? How easy can I remove it next time and would it fall out? :dunno:

Curious... how are you sticking the LC-1 on the LX3? Glue/tape? How easy can I remove it next time and would it fall out? :dunno:

Snap and push in the ring. It is tight enough to twist the LC-1 together with the Ring...
Just need a little more strength to separate LC-1 with ring... No glue needed. It will not fall out so easy as it is quite tight.

:)

Last edited:
Had the pleasure of meeting LightNPixels when collecting my LC-1 from him.

I would say it really fits nicely and the workmanship of the mod is good. No problems whatsoever. However, I would suggest that the plastic piece for the mod be glued for all 3 flaps. It makes it looks more even when the lens is proturding out. :bsmilie:

Aside to LightNPixels,

Thanks for accomodating to me and deliver the lens cap directly to my door step because I just couldn't leave home as my son was running a high fever and has feeling extremely miserable. I really appreciate it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::angel:

Had the pleasure of meeting LightNPixels when collecting my LC-1 from him.

I would say it really fits nicely and the workmanship of the mod is good. No problems whatsoever. However, I would suggest that the plastic piece for the mod be glued for all 3 flaps. It makes it looks more even when the lens is proturding out. :bsmilie:

Aside to LightNPixels,

Thanks for accomodating to me and deliver the lens cap directly to my door step because I just couldn't leave home as my son was running a high fever and has feeling extremely miserable. I really appreciate it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::angel:

No problem bro... only a few steps more...since we stay so near also..

Btw, the reason why i choose not to glue the top flap is to minimise dark corner when using internal flash at very close distance(macro). :)

No problem bro... only a few steps more...since we stay so near also..

Btw, the reason why i choose not to glue the top flap is to minimise dark corner when using internal flash at very close distance(macro). :)

Oic... I was wondering why you didn't add the plastic on the top flap.

Nice job.:thumbsup: But there's a flaw... the flap seems to attract my son's attention and now he always wants to grab it whenever I take a photo of him!! :bsmilie:

hard to please customer...hahaha

Oic... I was wondering why you didn't add the plastic on the top flap.

Nice job.:thumbsup: But there's a flaw... the flap seems to attract my son's attention and now he always wants to grab it whenever I take a photo of him!! :bsmilie:

atleast now he is looking directly at the camera..... then it can't be considered as a flaw anymore lor.. ;) ha ha

He's very interested in the camera whenever I take photos of him. He will try and reach out for the lens. Now with the LC-1, he will also try and grab the flap. :bsmilie:

Nice meeting you - "LightNPixels"!

Nice job for the mod! I am a very happy user now!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.