lc1 auto closing lens cap mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some additional photo of my Mod Ricoh LC-1 for LX3.

ModLC-1a.jpg

ModLC-1b.jpg

ModLC-1c.jpg

Thanks you. ;)

Great LC1 mod for LX3 :thumbsup:

Just wondering, why did u leave out the round thingy for the thrid top flap?

Great LC1 mod for LX3 :thumbsup:

Just wondering, why did u leave out the round thingy for the thrid top flap?

to avoid shadow when shooting at very near macro lor... that was a common qns..hehe

to avoid shadow when shooting at very near macro lor... that was a common qns..hehe

Thanks i just realized after reading the whole thread again :kok:

Its quite tiresome to manually attach/detach the LX3 lens cap every time i use the camera and i like to leave it in my carrier bag without putting it in the case every time. The last time the lens cap fell out when my camera was in the bag and thankfully only got some fingerprint smudges on the lens, not scratches.

Above are PM i received from a keen buyer, only blue colour LX3 are added for better understanding...
I think what he quoted was quite a genuine problem when we place our LX3 inside a pouch. :think:

LightNPixels,
Just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for making the LC1 mod for me in time for my trip. It makes photo taking so much easier. And everybody was so impressed with the LX3 +LC1. Haha! :)

LightNPixels,
Just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for making the LC1 mod for me in time for my trip. It makes photo taking so much easier. And everybody was so impressed with the LX3 +LC1. Haha! :)

No problem.. Enjoy your trip bro.. :)

I just modded my own Ricoh case onto a lx3. Took about an hour researching the pictures online how to.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to click on to the camera without shaving off some plastic even though some ppl said u can force it in.

I took a file and pen knife and literally cut it off bit by bit after its smooth it attaches on quite nicely. It really some strength to remove though. No damage could be seen this way on the threads.

Bought from Ang Moh Kio Ms Colour today.

CIMG8386.jpg

CIMG8391.jpg

CIMG8392.jpg

Last edited:
I just modded my own Ricoh case onto a lx3. Took about an hour researching the pictures online how to.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to click on to the camera without shaving off some plastic even though some ppl said u can force it in.

I took a file and pen knife and literally cut it off bit by bit after its smooth it attaches on quite nicely. It really some strength to remove though. No damage could be seen this way on the threads.

Bought from Ang Moh Kio Ms Colour today.

CIMG8386.jpg

CIMG8391.jpg

CIMG8392.jpg

Pics taken off?

anyone got any solutions that i can mod the lc1 cap myself?

cant stand the shadow when i zoom in sigh

I think ebay is selling such stuff for the lx3, no mod needed.

got link?

i found those screw on type that's a copycat of LC-1

those using LC1: will you change to the replica version BUT screw-on type?

but i already have the LC1 cap...need to do some mod to the existing cap in order to avoid the shadow i see when zoom in sigh

but i already have the LC1 cap...need to do some mod to the existing cap in order to avoid the shadow i see when zoom in sigh
have to add foam or plastic at the flap to avoid the flap from closing too far in when zoomed.

have to add foam or plastic at the flap to avoid the flap from closing too far in when zoomed.

read about that but any recommendation on what to use? lol thats wat i need

Status
Not open for further replies.