Laywer Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you could help recommend a good, reliable and trustworthy lawyer/law firm that is able and willing to handle a not-so straightforward WILL thingy.

The couple who needs this service has tight budgets, so your recommendation(s) needs to bear that in mind.

Please feel free to list your recommendations here, but if for any reason you feel uncomfortable doing so, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for reading and recommending!

CHEERS!

hey...

i think you will need to ask for personal favours. lawyers have a per hour charge, the more complicated, the more you pay. so.. unless you can get a friend to do one for you free, i think you might prefer to look for some lawyer you are comfortable with.

Thanks for the response guys.

I did not mention FOC services lah. Of course it has to be paid, but like photographers, there are top-dollar billers and moderately charging ones who still offer quality/comprehensive services.

Alex, I have seen the DIY options and requirements before. Unfortunately, this couple needs a little bit more than that. Also, thanks for taking the time and trouble to look for that link.

Common guys, I'm sure you know of a few good lawyers to recommend that won't charge both arms and legs.

UPZZZ

'routine' will costs about $200. if the couple has financial constraint, seek lawyers doing it pro bono.

Thanks for the response guys.

I did not mention FOC services lah. Of course it has to be paid, but like photographers, there are top-dollar billers and moderately charging ones who still offer quality/comprehensive services.

Alex, I have seen the DIY options and requirements before. Unfortunately, this couple needs a little bit more than that. Also, thanks for taking the time and trouble to look for that link.

Common guys, I'm sure you know of a few good lawyers to recommend that won't charge both arms and legs.

Thanks to the one person who actually provided a name and number through PM. I appreciate it. ;)

Would like to gather a few more, if any of you would be so kind...

CHEERS!

teacher hired lawyer and got into trouble.
NTUC had to reduce amount after appeal in their favour; to avoid looking like a big bully to the whole public.
now the lousy lawyer wants to bill the teacher a big amount.

Sigh...with so much legal-like talk here on CS, when you ask for a recommendation of a real lawyer, it gets defeaningly silent, or the discussion goes OT.

Does anyone have a real lawyer to recommend, please?

Sigh...with so much legal-like talk here on CS, when you ask for a recommendation of a real lawyer, it gets defeaningly silent, or the discussion goes OT.

Does anyone have a real lawyer to recommend, please?

sounds pretty rude man, don't forget you are asking for help. CSers are in no way obliged to help you find this cheap and good lawyer that you seek.

frankly, i know many lawyers but i wouldnt dare recommend any to you simply because if you are going to squeeze him or her, its not going to look very nice on me. as i said in my first post, you are probably looking for a very big favour from a friend, not many lawyers are going to do you a complicated will for anything under their listed per hour rate

It was a comment and socio-forum observation, which probably was not a distortion of the truth. Please feel free to correct this comment, with substantiation.

If you think I have been rude, I apologise; that is a right you have - to feel that way, but in no way does it offer a deviation from an observation of what has publically occured here, in the past, and fairly often. If you have a problem with handling truths, that is also your right, and so be it.

As regards your possibly derisive opinion regarding squeezing a lawyer, I don't think that lawyers are fools, and in most likelihood, would not require your defense on their behalf, of their rates or livelihood.

Also, and this is shared most sincerely, thank you for pointing out what could possibly have been a lack of politeness on my part. I appreciate it.

I'm just curious about one thing: what makes you conclude that I am a man? Also, did I lie or mislead in any manner?

To anyone who found my comment(s) and observations offensive, please accept my sincere apologies.

Thanks very much for your kind assistance Oracle. ;)

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.